Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

 

Iâ€m a bit confused as well. We have over 50 people and we are booked for a private dance/cocktail party but when I asked about a private poolside dinner I was ONLY given the option for the theme dinners.  I really hope that they are still offering the additional private meals because there is a huge price increase if you have to opt for a theme dinner.     A nice mixed grill dinner at $20 a person sounds way more affordable then a themed BBQ dinner at $48 a person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mixed grill was what we went with... but I had to pry it out of her that it was an option.  I would straight up ask her if the mixed grill is still an option.


When I did, then she went on to say how it was served with plastic silverware and paper plates.  I said I didn't care, that was fine for our group.  However, it was the normal china that we were served on with regular silverware, so that was just ridiculous.  But I really had to push for the mixed grill option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

 

I too have been reading all the posts and can't thank you all enough for the questions and reply's. It's funny how much direction I've been getting from you all and hadn't a clue I had even needed it. My wedding is May 12/12 and I have emailed Maria twice with no reply. But... I know what I want b/c of all of you. So thank you. Does anyone have any good sites of where to buy a nice bracelet or shoes? I've read the two right shoe post so I guess not there. Or any shops here in Edmonton that you would suggest that don't cost a fortune? I've also been looking for nice name tags for the dinner seating. Anyone have any suggestions?

 

Hope your all enjoying this special time of planning.

 

Oh and can you get the gold status at the Coba? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! My wedding date is May 10th and Iâ€m from Edmonton as well.

 

Etsy has a lot of great items and usually the seller youâ€re dealing with can get them to you right away. I would suggest going to local bridal stores and find something you like and order it online. Off the top of my head I canâ€t think of any local jewelry stores, of course! I got my shoes at Army & Navy on Whyte Ave. They're probably starting to stock spring/summer items so you might have some luck there in the shoe department. 

 

Happy Planning!
 

Originally Posted by Janet Ryan View Post

Hello everyone,

 

I too have been reading all the posts and can't thank you all enough for the questions and reply's. It's funny how much direction I've been getting from you all and hadn't a clue I had even needed it. My wedding is May 12/12 and I have emailed Maria twice with no reply. But... I know what I want b/c of all of you. So thank you. Does anyone have any good sites of where to buy a nice bracelet or shoes? I've read the two right shoe post so I guess not there. Or any shops here in Edmonton that you would suggest that don't cost a fortune? I've also been looking for nice name tags for the dinner seating. Anyone have any suggestions?

 

Hope your all enjoying this special time of planning.

 

Oh and can you get the gold status at the Coba? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnâ€t given an option for mixed grill only the thematic dinner!
 

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

The mixed grill was what we went with... but I had to pry it out of her that it was an option.  I would straight up ask her if the mixed grill is still an option.


When I did, then she went on to say how it was served with plastic silverware and paper plates.  I said I didn't care, that was fine for our group.  However, it was the normal china that we were served on with regular silverware, so that was just ridiculous.  But I really had to push for the mixed grill option.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of shoes would past brides recommend for the hammocks location? If I wear wedgy flip flops, will I fall on my face walking through the sand?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend, no shoes. 

 

Flip flops will toss sand up your skirt... and you'll probably be sweating and then you'll have sand stuck to your legs and that's not fun.

Wedges aren't really stable while walking down the hill on uneven and shifting sand.

Heels... well... that's just plain silly :)

 

So I would recommend no shoes.  And then have a cute pair of flip flops or wedge heels to wear after the ceremony during portraits, dinner, and dancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the all inclusive indicated by cards or wristbands?

 

If it is wristbands then I presume everyone can take them off on the day of the wedding for the photos.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyone in my group took them off that morning, then after the reception had them put back on so we could all go to the bar!
 

Originally Posted by fraggle42 View Post

Is the all inclusive indicated by cards or wristbands?

 

If it is wristbands then I presume everyone can take them off on the day of the wedding for the photos.

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×