Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Good Article. I will be posting on our wedding website.

Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post

So not sure if any of you have had issues with Mexico being called too dangerous to travel to, but if anyone tries to tell you otherwise I came across this article a friend posted on Facebook, its really well written with a great sense of humour, and it has very good stats that put things in perspective.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/canada-attack-resort_b_1232486.html

I'm looking forward to seeing them!!

Originally Posted by crystalz View Post

LADIES!! Keep watch this weekend, I get my wedding photos back on Saturday so I will be posting them this weekend!!!!!

Hiya, same here I have just had a reply from our wedding co-or saying we only need passports and tourist cards!!! Ive replied saying so the only documents wee need to bring are passports and NO birth certicicates! haha x

Hi Jo, just noticed your only up the road from me, I live in Hartlepool and your getting married the day after me! Do you have many guests travelling with you? x

Hi all, 

My wedding is in October this year, I've had some contact with the wedding co-coordinator already and as it stands we are staying in either Tulum or Coba but I am hoping to get us in to Tulum, booked to get married at the Gazebo and have our meal at the Brazilian afterwards.....I have loads of questions for you previous brides but just a couple for now.lol... I would really like to get married on the beach instead of the Gazebo however it is a MUST that I wear heals.lol....I am tiny and my Fiance is very tall, also my bridesmaids are almost as tall as me too and so I definitely want to wear my heals, does anyone know if it is possible for them to make like a walkway down the beach with wooden boards just covered with sand so you can't see them or something??? And does anyone know which pool we will have our night reception at and whether or not it is one with an actual bar or a "makeshift" bar, I have read that a few people have just paid for the cheapest drinks package and been given everything and am trying to decide if to just risk it or not.....I am also confused with the document thing as the travel agents have given us a list of things that need translating yet it seems that these aren't really needed at all....neither of us have been married before but I have changed my name when I was younger so will I need birth certificate and deed poll translating?? 

Thanks....x

I'm not a past bride - I'll be getting married at the beach Tulum location in November so I can try and answer a couple things for you.
I'm not sure about a walkway for you - I highly doubt they will..as its a long walk to the palapas where the ceremony takes place but you never know. Generally with Mexico..you can get pretty much anything done for you as long as you're willing to cough up the $
I do know that they offer a red carpet to walk on - so maybe that's an option for you.
We all plan to be in barefeet for the ceremony and then i'll be putting my fancy heels on for pics and the reception!

Your poolside reception will most likely be at the main pool. I believe you can have it at the private smaller diamond club pool if you request it .
This was my original choice as I'm having my entire reception poolside (dinner and dance) - but my parents went down this past november and realized how nicely lit the main pool is. They have rope lights around the palapas and paper bags lit around the pool. So we decided to switch. I
believe the bar is a makeshift one - If you look back to my posts around early-mid december there's a few pictures my parents took of a reception at the main pool.

I'm only planning on having the cheapest alcohol package.

Can't really answer on the documents question as we are only having a Symbolic ceremony. But if you are getting legally married in mexico - there are extra fees (bloodwork & translating documents)

Hope that helps!
But all in all - your WC should be able to answer all of these for you too!. So check with her also

Originally Posted by gettingwed12 View Post

Hi all, 

My wedding is in October this year, I've had some contact with the wedding co-coordinator already and as it stands we are staying in either Tulum or Coba but I am hoping to get us in to Tulum, booked to get married at the Gazebo and have our meal at the Brazilian afterwards.....I have loads of questions for you previous brides but just a couple for now.lol... I would really like to get married on the beach instead of the Gazebo however it is a MUST that I wear heals.lol....I am tiny and my Fiance is very tall, also my bridesmaids are almost as tall as me too and so I definitely want to wear my heals, does anyone know if it is possible for them to make like a walkway down the beach with wooden boards just covered with sand so you can't see them or something??? And does anyone know which pool we will have our night reception at and whether or not it is one with an actual bar or a "makeshift" bar, I have read that a few people have just paid for the cheapest drinks package and been given everything and am trying to decide if to just risk it or not.....I am also confused with the document thing as the travel agents have given us a list of things that need translating yet it seems that these aren't really needed at all....neither of us have been married before but I have changed my name when I was younger so will I need birth certificate and deed poll translating?? 

Thanks....x

Like most brides, I am bringing down my own photographer... that being said did any of you previous brides that did this, send anything to Arrecife before getting to the resort to let them know that you didn't want anything additional besides what was included in the wedding package? The reason I ask is I keep getting emails from them...

Thanks,

Jill

Hello 

I'm getting married in 2 weeks at the akumal hammock location! Getting very excited...

Im canadian and am going to get USD to take with me, I'm just wondering if anyone knows  if the spa, photographer and most excursion tours accept visa? I'd like to bring down as little $ as possible.. 

Also I have the Portifino booked for 5:30 and the jacuzzi pool at 7:30 for the poolside party, I know a few of you have had a similar layout so I'm just wondering is two hours too long for dinner? Or will this flow smoothly? 

Thanks! 

Hey girls! I'm not writing as vendor, on Sunday my boyfriend gave me the engagement ring, so now I'm writing as engaged!. Like you, I want so much to get married on the beach!.

I'll be happy to read your tips! :)