Photo

Finding the strength to continue to plan my wedding

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

I am very sorry to hear about your very sudden loss. My father passed when I was 17 and I found little, subtle ways to include him in our wedding. You can find ways of honoring him and feel like he is invloved in your ceremony. I hope you find comfort in knowing he loved you and was very excited about your wedding.

#32 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

I am soooo soooo sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I agree, take some time off of the wedding planning and just heal.
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#33 ericaandsy

ericaandsy
      • 259 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss! Take time for yourself right now. Put the wedding planning aside for a bit, because that in itself can get stressful.
        My heart goes out to you-
        Erica

#34 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

I am so very sorry at your loss. Losing my dad would be just about the worst thing I can think of...

Take all the time you need to grieve and begin to heal. But, just hearing about how your dad was excited about your wedding, I know he would want you to continue on and be happy. There is absolutely no rush. When you are ready, things will fall into place. We'll help :)

I'm truly sorry...

#35 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

I know there is nothing I can say to help take the pain away. Just remember that your Dad is shining down on you right now. And if he is anything like my Dad he just wants you to have the best life and the most beautiful wedding possible. Always know that he is rooting for you and will be surfing out on the waves in Hawaii.

#36 FYB87

FYB87
            • 976 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:36 PM

I am very sorry to hear about your father. I will say a prayer for both you and your family.

#37 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

oh my goodness, I am so incredibly sorry. My heart goes out to you, your dad will be with you the entire way I am sure of that. You and your family are in our thoughts and please let us know how we can help in anyway.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#38 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Be easy on yourself and mourn the loss of your dad. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself and know that the wedding planning will all fall into place.

#39 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

I'm sorry for your loss-prayers for you and your family

#40 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
                  • 1,098 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

So sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need to heal. You'll know when you're ready to move on. It's true when they say that time heals, and it's also true that you never forget. He'll always be in your heart. It's been 14 years since my father passed, and I still feel and derive comfort from his presence. I wish the same for you.
                    Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                    Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                    http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                    Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                    http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users