Photo

Canadian girls.. where did your mom buy her dress?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Okay so my mom doesn't go shopping for clothes at all. Ever. But she wants something new for the wedding (obviously) and has no clue where to find something that she would like. I can think of obvious places like the Bay or Sears, but where else could I take her? I don't think she really wants to go to the bridal stores.. she wants something more beachy. The local mall where she lives is crap for clothes so I'm wondering if there is a chain for older womens' clothes that don't look so.. old-looking I guess. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance ladies!!

#2 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

My mom's looking at the Bay, Sears, Reitman's and Laura. She wants a simple sun dress. She's not into bridal shops either.

#3 h&a

h&a
      • 321 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

My mum bought her dress on a recent trip to Vegas... but I would suggest Melanie Lynn along with the stores already mentioned (Bay, Sears, Laura).

#4 teacherbride

teacherbride
        • 354 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

My Mom is a plus size and she found a really pretty dress at Penningtons. Their prices are also quite reasonable.

#5 Jenn79

Jenn79
          • 625 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

My mom got her dress at Sears, and my MIL got hers at, of all places, Le Chateau.
            Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
            Review Pictures Pro Pictures
            "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#6 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies :)

Le Chateau is an interesting choice for moms! I still buy clothes there.. heh

#7 EDYTA

EDYTA
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

My mom bought her dress at holt renfrew, you can get very beautiful dresses and some at a great price...also bcbg has great dresses...have u tried maybe stores like banana rebublic or even tommy bahama sometimes u can find great summer dresses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users