Photo

2nd reception at home

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 deleishus

deleishus
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

I know this has already been brought up. But when I did a search I didn't find much. My question is do we invite the ones who didn't go or should we invite everyone again?

#2 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

I personally am doing the same thing you are but I am inviting everyone to both events, and many people are going to both.... the way I see it, the more the marrier!

#3 Karen

Karen
      • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

I would say invite who ever you want to your AHR. I think AHRs are mostly intended for those not invited to the DW. But hey....it's your show and your money so do what you want.
        <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#4 BePhoto

BePhoto
        • 202 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

the vast majority of home receptions I shoot include the guests that were at the wedding as well..... its just a reason for everyone to party another day! :)

#5 deleishus

deleishus
          • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Thanks, I will invite everyone.

#6 frazali

frazali
            • 245 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

How timely, I was wondering the same thing! i would agree that it makes sense to invite all to the AHR.

#7 mhoudek

mhoudek
              • 53 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

We are doing just a bbq welcome home reception a few months after the wedding. My question is where do I put this information? Do I invite everyone and include it in the invite that we will be having a party once we get home for anyone who can't make it? We just know a lot of our family can't come because they can't afford it and want to have just a little something so they can look at pictures and videos, etc. Obviously we will send a real invitation to this but I want to put it somewhere so people don't feel obligated to come to the destination. :)Should I put it on my website? Any suggestions would be great!!! :) Thank you!
                Matt and Melissa
                April 18, 2009
                Ceremony at Private Beach in Playacar
                Reception at Kool Beach Club
                Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#8 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
                • 371 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

I invited everyone in IL since most people for CA (where i am from) are going to the wedding and the IL is for friends and family here that couldn't make it but yes i think themore the marrier and tons of fun!

#9 EricaG

EricaG
                  • 1,915 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mhoudek
                    We are doing just a bbq welcome home reception a few months after the wedding. My question is where do I put this information? Do I invite everyone and include it in the invite that we will be having a party once we get home for anyone who can't make it? We just know a lot of our family can't come because they can't afford it and want to have just a little something so they can look at pictures and videos, etc. Obviously we will send a real invitation to this but I want to put it somewhere so people don't feel obligated to come to the destination. :)Should I put it on my website? Any suggestions would be great!!! :) Thank you!
                    Our invites for the DW were a folder and I had inserts with info regarding the wedding. I also added a little insert that stated we were having an AHR in March 09 and further info would be sent out regarding it. I have also posted it on our website, so those who didn't receive a DW invite could still get the info from there. We have also used word of mouth. Word of mouth worked really well for those who were not invited to the DW, since when the wedding would come up, we would say that we were having an AHR for everyone after we return, and then people didn't seem to get upset that they weren't invited to the wedding.
                    http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users