Photo

for all you JayZ / Mary J. Blige fans...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

FH and I went to the Heart of the City tour last night in Atlantic City -OMG- We are both big fans of MJB and JayZ but MJB was INSANE in person.

Chris Brown opened for them (I am not a fan of his and honestly he sucked and was pretty lame) but MJB and JayZ killed it.

They didn't have an elaborate set up or anything fancy but they did have a 20 piece Orchestra so imagine MJB singing live to an Orchestra - crazy!!!!

they opened together and played a video montage of them talking about eachother and music. Then MJB sang for over an hour and a half - her voice was perfect, every note, so strong. and her energy was so powerful - we were tired just from watching her. she sings every word as if she means it, she sweats and cries, runs across the stage - she is a monster.

Then JayZ came out and played for over an hour - MJB joined him a ocuple of times and the closed the show together.

AMAZING!!!

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

i was in ac last night also- weird! glad you had a good time!

#3 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

Im so jealous! That sounds like an amazing concert!

#4 Leia78

Leia78
        • VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

I wish John and I were right there with you guys. I know all 4 of us would dancing all night long!

#5 Myda77

Myda77
          • 821 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

My friend went the concert here in NYC on Friday night. I have to find out from her how it was. Sounds like a good time.
            Maida & Tomas
            Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

That's awesome, I bet it was incredible!

#7 KHarrod

KHarrod
              • 902 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

I saw the concert twice and loved it both times. I went to the show in DC and Baltimore. Mary puts on a great show!!!!!!!!

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                • 5,681 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

I am sooo jealous! We love MJB and JayZ - our song is "your all i need" MJB and Method man :)

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

A bunch of my friends went when they came out here to Vegas a few weeks back. They are Jay-Z groupies, I'm not a huge fan so I stayed home because they would have irked the sh!t out of me...lol But MJB I've loved since What's the 411 so that would have been cool. I made them MJB cd's for the drive..haha Glad you had fun!

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:31 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starchild
                      A bunch of my friends went when they came out here to Vegas a few weeks back. They are Jay-Z groupies, I'm not a huge fan so I stayed home because they would have irked the sh!t out of me...lol But MJB I've loved since What's the 411 so that would have been cool. I made them MJB cd's for the drive..haha Glad you had fun!
                      hhmmm, where is my CD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users