Photo

Anyone going to scrapbook their wedding??

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 amyrak

amyrak
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

I've never scrapbooked before but I went to Michael's today and saw all this cute stuff for Weddings, bachelorette parties, Mexico..etc. And I couldn't resist!! So, I bought a scrapbook and some paper but I'm not sure what the heck else I need or what I'm really supposed to do?? Anyone know of any good how to websites. Maybe I should go buy scrapbooking for dummies. :)

I guess I'll also need to have a mindset when I take pictures at the bachelorette of what I want to be memorable. I have horrible handwriting so I hope there is a way to not have to write in this with my own hand. :)

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Me :) I'm a scrapbooker and have already started collecting paper and stickers for after I get my non-pro pics. The best wedding sticker line is called "I DO" by Jolee's. A Touch of Jolee's Dimensional Stickers - I DO Wedding Collection - - Scrapbook Supply Store

#3 eastman2be

eastman2be
      • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

I love to scrapbook. I went to a Creative Memories party several years ago and got hooked! If you don't feel like using your own writing you could have a friend help or you could type it on the computer and then insert it. We have several scrapbook events here that are fun and you get lots of ideas from.

I wouldn't worry about a mindset for the bachlorette party sometime the candids are the most fun. I'm done scrapbooks for each of my nephews and they look looking through it.

You can also create a digital scrapbook using software and then have it sent to you. My mom has done that through Kodak because she didn't have time to do one herself.

Hope this helps...If you have any questions or need help I'll see what I can do. A group of friends are planning a retreat sometime this fall. Where going to stay at a hotel and spend the weekend scrapbooking. I'm not sure how far you are from Duluth/Superior but I could let you know what we have planned.

Good luck

#4 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
        • 1,257 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

I love to scrapbook also. I use alot of stickers and my computer because I also have bad handwriting. Vellum is fun to use for journaling. Come to NY and you can use all of my stuff, I buy things constantly.

#5 amyrak

amyrak
          • 469 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JennyK
            Me :) I'm a scrapbooker and have already started collecting paper and stickers for after I get my non-pro pics. The best wedding sticker line is called "I DO" by Jolee's. A Touch of Jolee's Dimensional Stickers - I DO Wedding Collection - - Scrapbook Supply Store
            Yes, I'm going to buy things little by little from Michael's as I'll use their weekly coupon to save some..ha But I will probably do the bachelorette and see how that goes..but I wanted to do also the non-pro pics and then whatever candid shots at the resort and excursions. I should probably go to one of those scrapbooking outings at one of the stores here. I'll have to check out Jolee's though. I found some cool ones on aimeej keepsake albums too.

#6 soon to be a Green

soon to be a Green
            • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JennyK

I went to this site and it was really helpful. Thank you!!!

#7 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:43 AM

I suck at scrapbooking. But I wanted one I could share with people when they came over. Yesterday in the mail I got a scrapbook already done from my Brother's GF. YAY. So I don't even have to do it. And I can add pages. So sweet!

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

well, I was really excited while wedding planning to do a scrapbook after the wedding, I bought so much stuff and since the wedding I haven't even touched it, lol!

I do still want to do it, but I'm just not a very creative or crafty person. I already bought so much stuff though, so I have to get my pictures printed and get started on it.

#9 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
                  • 272 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:59 AM

I've never scrapbooked before but I would love to do one for the wedding.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

I did a wedding scrapbook of all the non pro wedding pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users