Photo

Riu Montego Bay

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
  • 813 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Found it! Hope this helps!! These are the Photoshop prices for '08 (ROR). I'm not sure if all RIUs use this company....

Attached Files

#12 chicago88

chicago88
    • 699 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

Oh, that sounds great for the 2 of you. You'll be able to tell us all about the new resort too!! I really love that you don't have to make the long drive after getting off the plane. Happy planning!!

Therese & Jay
      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#13 negative

negative
      • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

In case anyone is interested...
        PM stands up to RIU - JAMAICAOBSERVER.COM

But in any case... knowing Jamaica the way I know it... nothing will come of this, Riu will live on.

#14 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
        • 402 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

I know about this and wasn't that concerned. I did a little more research and found that for some reason, and I don't know what it is, some Jamaican politicians don't like the Riu Co. While they seem to coddle the Sandals resorts they hit the Riu resorts with everything they can, even though most of the times the Sandals and Couples chains are doing the same thing.

They have over 9 months before we go and we will just be sent to one of the other Riu's on the island if it isn't finished.
          Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
          http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#15 Linzibella

Linzibella
          • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

I am also a Janurary 2009 ROR bride and thought about the Riu Montego Bay too. I think that for just the 2 of you, it will be a fabulous choice.
            It will be great to start hearing about new BDW brides booking there and doing their planning. Can't wait for pictures.

#16 JBinjour

JBinjour
            • 107 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

I am going to Riu MoBay for my one-year anniversary from 9/2-9/9. I am constantly looking online for updates. I haven't seen anything lately. My mother-in-law recently travelled to Jamaica ( about 1 week ago). She said that Riu in MoBay is finished. Unfortunately, she did not take any pictures of the site. LOL, I specifically asked if the purple hotel/resort near the airport is finished. She said yes. I am hoping that finished means the removal of the fourth floor and any additional cosmetic work. If they do not finish the hotel on time. Then, they will either send us to Riu Ocho Rios or Negril. There are two hotels in Negril; Tropical Bay Classic Hotel and Negril Club Hotel. Please be advised that Riun Negril Club Hotel is much nicer than Riu Tropical Bay Classic Hotel. Hopefully, they will put us there. We spent our honeymoon at Riu Ocho Rios. This was also an amazing resort; great food, great services, wonderful staff, and everything else that you may want.

If we end up staying that resort and our stay is not satisfactory, they will offer a few days free voucher to use within a year at any other Riu.
              "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

http://ticker.7910.o....JpZWQgZm9y.gif
              http://tickers.Ticke....7aa9/event.png
              http://da.daisypath.com/FBj8m4/.png

#17 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

I just got an email from the Riu (I'm on the RIU email list) advertising the Riu Montego Bay - $99 special - opening August 29.

#18 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                • 382 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

Okay so we were there froom 6/11-6/22...We arrived on the 11th and drove past the RIU Mo Bay and this is what we saw...It didn't look done at all IMO, but they are saying Aug 29th... Here are some pics I took for you girls...

Click the image to open in full size.
                  Click the image to open in full size.

Hope this helps...

#19 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                  • 402 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

I got that same e-mail today from Riu advertising the Aug 29 opening. The days that those prices are good for is Aug 29 thru Oct 2. When we booked our trip for Feb a few months ago we got that $99 deal for our dates. I'm glad we jumped on it when we did as it is not the same price as ROR.

Thanks for the pics....It looks like one building is almost done and the other is a vicitm of the floor removal. I have been chatting w/ some people on a Riu specific messgae board and they say Riu is well known for getting things done on time and not to worry.

I'm not really concerned as it's just the 2 of us...but I can't wait!!!
                    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#20 Trice

Trice
                    • 295 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the pics. Lilpaisley I will be there right after you. Enjoy your planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users