Photo

PV Wedding.....help!!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 danililly

danililly
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hi!! My name is Justine and I live in Santa Monica, CA. Dann and I are looking to have a PV wedding in the fall of 2009. We have a large group (100-150 guests) and need some suggestions as to where is the most affordable place to hold a ceremony and reception of this size. Also, do most coordinators charge a flat rate, per head, %?

#2 danililly

danililly
    • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:00 AM

We have a very large group (100-150 guests) and I was hoping for suggestions as to the most affordable place to hold a ceremony and reception of this size? Also, do coordinators charge per head?...or a % or flat fee? Thanks sooo much!!!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:52 AM

Welcome, Justine! Take some time to search the PV section as there is lots of info on venues and coordinators. Those of us who got married at Las Caletas in PV would suggest it for it's beauty and affordability, but there are many wonderful options. Good luck :)

#4 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
        • 176 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

Las Caletas is really an experience that you will LOVE. It is not only wonderful for you but your guests will also Love IT.
          Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#5 edna

edna
          • Site Supporter
          • 1,360 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hi Justine
            We have also a big group (120-150 guests) and we are getting married at the Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta and having a Catholic Ceremony in the Marina Church, 3 min away from the reception site. What type of venue are you looking for? Private villa, hotel, etc?

#6 danililly

danililly
            • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.....that place is beautiful! Are you staying there as well?

For the wedding party we rented a villa for 5 days. Unfortunately, our wedding list is at 130 so we cannot have the wedding at the villa. Are you able to have a wedding at that place if you are not staying there? Maybe I could have most of my guests stay there. Is the price per head $115 of less? I have a $18K budget on the actual reception and photog? Thanks again!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by danililly
                Thanks for the suggestion.....that place is beautiful! Are you staying there as well?
                Welcome!

If you're asking about Caletas, there is nowhere to stay there - you'd just have your wedding and reception there; lodging is totally separate.

#8 edna

edna
                • Site Supporter
                • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by danililly

For the wedding party we rented a villa for 5 days. Unfortunately, our wedding list is at 130 so we cannot have the wedding at the villa. Are you able to have a wedding at that place if you are not staying there? Maybe I could have most of my guests stay there. Is the price per head $115 of less? I have a $18K budget on the actual reception and photog? Thanks again!

If you are asking about the Mayan Palace your guests can stay there or in the hotels in the marina zone, there are plenty to choose from: Westin, Marriot, Velas Vallarta, Melia, etc. In the Mayan they offer corkage fee and is part of the saving because you can bring your own alcohol..

#9 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
                  • 5,705 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Good Luck, You'll find a lot of options in the forum!!!

#10 tvt

tvt
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,812 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

Definitely check out Las Caletas. I may be partial, as we're getting married there, but it's beautiful and affordable. Good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users