How much is gas in your hood?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

Thankfully my employer is trying to help employees out- the company is kinda in the middle of nowhere. We sometimes get gas vouchers (we have a gas station on property) and they are trying to reschedule employees with 4 10's to help reduce their commute. I wish I could go to 4 10's! Gas is a huge killer and I can't cut it out. We don't have public transportation there. So it's either drive or find a new job.
    Happily married since 2008

#52 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

FI drives home for lunch everyday. It used to be ok because he wouldn't be spending money to go out to lunch or eat in the cafeteria. We only live about 5 miles from where he works but I told him he had to start brown baggin' it! We can't afford 4 trips a day!

#53 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

A friend of mine forwarded me this link. You enter your zip code to find the cheapest gas in your area: Gas Prices - MSN Autos
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#54 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Just filled up at BJ's wholesale gas - the cheapest around on my way home and it was $3.629 for regular members price here in South Florida!

#55 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by twinkletoes
            A friend of mine forwarded me this link. You enter your zip code to find the cheapest gas in your area: Gas Prices - MSN Autos
            Wow, just did this and what I just paid was the cheapest than the list!

#56 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

awesome thanks for the link christina!

#57 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

I think it still starts with a 3...I'll check later and report back :)

#58 Angel

Angel
              • 2,635 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

In my area of VA regular is $3.55

#59 EricaG

EricaG
                • 1,915 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

Gas here is $1.23/Litre, so that would be $4.65/Gallon I believe.
                  http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#60 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                  The way I see it if it does go up there is really nothing we can do. People will still need to drive and we are still going to buy gas whether we like it or not. Ugggh.

Hilary Clinton wants a tax break from Memorial Day to Labor Day so hopefully that will pass. Even if its just for those couple of months its got to be some relief. John McCain supports this too but Barack Obama doesn't. Apparently he doesn't feel that it will make a difference.
                  well it would help consumers, however the governments (especially local governments) would be really hurt by not getting that money and would just raise something else.
                  I appreciate that McCain and Clinton are trying to do something about the problem.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users