43 replies to this topic

#21 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikkianddean
    I didn't even catch the pic of you guys together up there. She's so cute!!!

No matter how old they are....they are still boys. My brother got "Mama's Boy Forver" tatooed on his arm. Need I say more?
    OMG LOL That is so funny

#22 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nikkianddean
      I didn't even catch the pic of you guys together up there. She's so cute!!!

No matter how old they are....they are still boys. My brother got "Mama's Boy Forver" tatooed on his arm. Need I say more?
      LMAO thats so funny

#23 roo66

roo66
      • 1,001 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

jenny im so happy for your mum ive been there twice shhhhh!!!.I have tears in my eyes i loved your comment about how her h2bs purpose in life is to make her happy.That struck a cord .You have a great guy too.AS for your brother lets hope he has a change of heart.enjoy your meal out .i think your gunna need loads of tissues

#24 angitalia23

angitalia23
        • 1,029 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

That is awesome, congrats to your mom & to you and your FI for making this such a special suprise!
          Anthony & Angela
          19 June 2008

#25 roo66

roo66
          • 1,001 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

when i met paul i thought the boys would be happy for me.infact during an argument my eldest told me lots of home truths and basically told me all 3 were miffed.apparantly i had no time for them all.what i did was spoke with them individually and explained that i was the happiest i had ever been and that a part of being a parent was to protect them from all the bad stuff and deceit that went on in my second marriage(not there dad).so i was due some happiness.i also said that as they were getting older i wanted them to be able to go out and have fun with there mates.BUT I HOPED I HAD BOUGHT THEM UP WELL ENOUGH THAT THEY WOULD WORRY ABOUT ME BEING HOME ON MY OWN.This worked and i remember my middle son saying he got it and if id explained in the beginning he would of been ok.i feel guilty that they have not had a stable home life i made some mistakes along the way.however we dont need to punish ourselves forever.praps your brother needs to hear that someday he may be on his own would he not like a second chance of happiness.being a man means being able to admit your wrong and also standing shoulder to shoulder with the people you love.sorry that hurt a nerve.i hope it all works out

#26 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by roo66
              when i met paul i thought the boys would be happy for me.infact during an argument my eldest told me lots of home truths and basically told me all 3 were miffed.apparantly i had no time for them all.what i did was spoke with them individually and explained that i was the happiest i had ever been and that a part of being a parent was to protect them from all the bad stuff and deceit that went on in my second marriage(not there dad).so i was due some happiness.i also said that as they were getting older i wanted them to be able to go out and have fun with there mates.BUT I HOPED I HAD BOUGHT THEM UP WELL ENOUGH THAT THEY WOULD WORRY ABOUT ME BEING HOME ON MY OWN.This worked and i remember my middle son saying he got it and if id explained in the beginning he would of been ok.i feel guilty that they have not had a stable home life i made some mistakes along the way.however we dont need to punish ourselves forever.praps your brother needs to hear that someday he may be on his own would he not like a second chance of happiness.being a man means being able to admit your wrong and also standing shoulder to shoulder with the people you love.sorry that hurt a nerve.i hope it all works out
              Seems like you went through what my mom is going through. I'm glad to hear your children came around. If only my stubborn brother would. Maybe what she needs to do is talk to him privately like you did.. everytime she talks to him, it's a family meeting bc she knows how mean he could be.

#27 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

That is so very sweet of your fi. You got a good man!! I'm happy for your Mom - have fun at the wedding!

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#28 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                • 5,681 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

Awww Jenny! That is so cool that you and your mom are so close! That is so sweet that you guys are all helping make her day so special! Nice to hear she found someone that is good to her too :)

#29 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Enjoy your mother's wedding. your fi did a great job, he deserves a pass. Make sure you post pics of your favors when your not busy, you always do great DIY projects! Have fun and i hope your mom has a beautiful wedding day!
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#30 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

I just went shopping for my DIY so I'm gonna get started hehe I'm also going to make her a mini guestbook from scratch.. ahhhhhhhhhhh and I have to have it done by tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users