Sign in to follow this  
JennyK

My mom gets married tomorrow!

She was hoping that I would get married before her but since I'm now engaged she's not worried wink.gif After 32 miserable years with my dad, they divorced. She suffered a lot so she started going to a local support group for the divorced and widowed. That's where she found her new husband Joe :) He's so wonderful to her.. total opposite of my dad. My mommy is my bestest friend so I am happy that this man's goal in life is to make her happy. Unfortunately my older brother is very much against my mom remarrying so he's been stressing her out beyond belief. He's given her the silent treatment for the last 3 weeks and when he does talk to her, he's screaming. He's very old school and we just can't get through to him. She's been depressed lately even though this should be a very happy day in her life.

And I love love love my FI. I have been complaining that he's not involved in our wedding plans but yesterday he called me up at work and said,"babe, let's do something nice for your mom. She deserves it after all she's been going through. I'll call around and see which restaurants have availability for Wednesday." Then he called me back telling me he got a restaurant (his friend's place which is sooo nice) and that on his lunch break from work he was gonna go to the bakery and order her a cake. He knew she doesn't like bananas so he was like,"Ok, I got her a strawberry cake. All women love strawberries!" LOL LOL I started calling around our closest friends and family and without hesitation they said,"Count us in!" So it's going to be a surprise! She thinks I made reservations to a restaurant just for 6 people but when she walks in the door she'll see everyone that loves her :):):)

My DIY skills are gonna get kicked into high gear today.. gotta make favors hehehe And......... my FI now has a get-out-of-wedding-planning for a while since this was his idea smile03.gif

That's so sweet of you and your FI! That's wonderful that she found such a great guy. Sorry your brother is a PITA. Is he at least coming to dinner?

Jenny that is so sweet of you and your FI. I'm sure your mom will be really touched. If she's anything like me, she'll be crying tears of joy, I got a little misty just reading this.

Pass along a big BDW hug to you and your mom! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
That's so sweet of you and your FI! That's wonderful that she found such a great guy. Sorry your brother is a PITA. Is he at least coming to dinner?
NO.. He won't even be in the same room as her FI. I begged his wife (who is my MOH) yesterday to go to the courthouse with my niece & nephew and see her get married. I told her it'd mean the world to her that her grandkids would be there. But she told me she'd have to talk it over with my bro.. ugh. I'm going to call her again today and beg one more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108 View Post
Jenny that is so sweet of you and your FI. I'm sure your mom will be really touched. If she's anything like me, she'll be crying tears of joy, I got a little misty just reading this.

Pass along a big BDW hug to you and your mom! Congrats!
Oh she's a sap like me.. I know she's going to cry. She cries for the littlest things hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
Awww Jenny - that is awesome! and i love that your FI is so sweet and involved - make sure to take some pics for us hehe
I definitely will :) She LOVES my FI and he loves her very much too so it's nice to see him more interested in planning her wedding than our own hahahaha

awww jenny your FI is soooo sweet. congrats to your mom! dont forget to take some pics for us!

Your FI is such a sweetie! And I'm sorry your brother is being such a pain.