Photo

My mom gets married tomorrow!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Here's me and my mommy on Mother's Day last year.. my god my hair was so blonde! hahaha

Click the image to open in full size.

#12 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:42 AM

That is so awesome! Congratulations to your mom! and also to you for having such an awesome FI! That will be a great day! Hopefully your brother can get his head out of his butt and quit being so frickin' selfish!

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JennyK
        NO.. He won't even be in the same room as her FI. I begged his wife (who is my MOH) yesterday to go to the courthouse with my niece & nephew and see her get married. I told her it'd mean the world to her that her grandkids would be there. But she told me she'd have to talk it over with my bro.. ugh. I'm going to call her again today and beg one more time.
        I really hope that the kids get to go, that would be so nice for your mom.

#14 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
        • 419 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

That is so awsome and sweet of you. I am sure if your brother is not there he will regret it someday. I hope he comes around. You will have to let us know!

#15 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

Even if your Bro wont let your SIL go maybe you can go get the kids and bring them. They should be there for your Mom. I can't wait to hear all about it. She is going to be so excited!

#16 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

That's awesome! Congrats to your mommy, I hope she has an amazing day.

I also hope your brother will come around once he realizes how happy she is. It can be a slow process, but I'm sure he'll come around (fingers crossed!).

#17 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

Jenny - that is so sweet!!!! I am so happy for your mom - we really are twins. I am about to make my mom a page on match. She and my dad split about 3 years ago after 30+ years together.

I think my brother would have the same reaction. It seems like a natural protective nature that biys have over their mothers. When dad is out of the picture they think they are the #1 man in her life. It's all very testosterone driven, but nevermind him! He will come around.

I am SO SO SO happy for you and your mom!!!! Good luck with your DIY projects!!!
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#18 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nikkianddean
                  Jenny - that is so sweet!!!! I am so happy for your mom - we really are twins. I am about to make my mom a page on match. She and my dad split about 3 years ago after 30+ years together.

I think my brother would have the same reaction. It seems like a natural protective nature that biys have over their mothers. When dad is out of the picture they think they are the #1 man in her life. It's all very testosterone driven, but nevermind him! He will come around.

I am SO SO SO happy for you and your mom!!!! Good luck with your DIY projects!!!
                  You hit the nail right on the head. He wants to now be the only man in my mother's life. He says that her children should make her happy, not another man but booooooooo to him. I guess bc I'm a girl and I saw how shitty my dad was as a husband, I feel she deserves to be treated with respect and love. We all love to be told we're beautiful. She's still like a little school girl when she's around her FI. It's really cute lol

#19 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

Aww Jenny.. what a great idea! Your FI rawks :) Your mom will be so thrilled with the surprise at the restaurant.. and boooo to your bro for being a PITA!

#20 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                    • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

I didn't even catch the pic of you guys together up there. She's so cute!!!

No matter how old they are....they are still boys. My brother got "Mama's Boy Forver" tatooed on his arm. Need I say more?
                      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                      February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users