Photo

Second fitting today, and I didn't really like my dress.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 marip123

marip123
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

I just have to vent a bit about my dress. I've had an up and down affair with my dress. I chose it because it was champagne, and it was a sample, and after I purchased it I kept having anxiety over whether I liked it or not. I went for my first fitting, and I liked it again. Well, I've finally lost about 7 pounds, and I went in to try it on, and I felt frumpy and ugly in it. Anyway, there's not really anything I can do now. I've spent way too much money on it now because of alterations, veil, etc. I'm hoping to lose abuot 5 more pounds, so I go back in 2 weeks for a final look, and hopefully if she brings it in a bit more, I'll like it again. Anyway, that's that. Hoping by the end of May, I will have fallen in love with my dress again!
    Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#2 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

I am sure it looks gorgeous. All of us have issues with our bodies. You are going to look stunning on your day!

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by shellb
        I am sure it looks gorgeous. All of us have issues with our bodies. You are going to look stunning on your day!
        I couldn't agree more! I have seen some stunning brides say they noticed they had one little roll or bump and I have shocked to hear they didn't think they looked wonderful.
        I am sorry to hear you don't feel like a sexy lady in your dress. Here is hoping you like it at your next fitting.

#4 shannon

shannon
        • 772 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

I've had 3 fittings-- (all done!-just have to pick up dress now!) and I must admit- I didn't really "fall in love" with my dress until this last fitting. I'm sure after the final alterations are done- you'll love it! :)

#5 babycow

babycow
          • 367 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

When I went to pick up my dress after it was altered I didn't feel as great in it as when I first chose it. A little tight in the bust, plus there was another woman there trying on her dress which was absolutley georgeous on her and for a moment there I was like why didn't I get that dress instead. But I reminded myself that its never good to compare yourself to others when it comes to body image. I hope you fall back in love with your dress, focus on what made you choose it to begin with. Good luck!
            http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
            Erica and Tim
            Dreams Tulum
            Mexico
            May 17, 2008

#6 roo66

roo66
            • 1,001 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

id add that im sure you will look pretty in it you have a lovely face and look nice and slim.youll look fantastic remember to take all your accesories with you and just losing a few more pounds will make you have a more positive attitude.id say just looking at your photo you dont have a weight issue to be worrying about.youll be fine

#7 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

How did you feel frumpy in it when you have lost even more weight? Do you have pics you can post here?
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:41 PM

I am sure since you like it twice when the dress fits you properly you will love it again!
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 marip123

marip123
                  • 211 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:30 AM

It's weird, but I filled out the dress much better last month. I think that's what it was. It just didn't feel right today, and I really felt frumpy. I did take my camera, but the store was completely chaotic, and I didn't take pictures. Yes, it kind of sounds ridiculous, but it's just how I felt today. And, yes, I saw this other bride in a flowy dress, like what I initially thought I was going to get, and I thought to myself, exactly "oh, maybe I should have gotten a dress like that." I guess because I've never been 100% about this dress in the first place. I was at Macy's tonight thinking I could just by a nice flowy dress off the rack! I just need to get over it! But, thanks for understanding and thanks for the positive feedback! Another great reason why this forum is so valuable and awesome!
                    Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#10 Sherry

Sherry
                    • 390 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

I'm sure when you get the final alterations, it will totally change how it looks on you now. I have a feeling the alteratins will make all the difference!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users