Photo

Providing guests with info about Wedding if they have no access to my website

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 1Love

1Love
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

Does anyone have any ideas on this....... I have a wedding website up & running with heaps upon heaps of info. Now I know that although some guests may have a computer, there are some who may not have access to the internet. I'm struggling to think of what I can do to ensure that guests w/out access to the internet have at the very least, the more important info from the website. Would a brochure (Vistaprint) be sufficient? Any ideas/examples would be appreciated!! What did you do?

Thanks!!!!!

#2 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:34 AM

I think the brochure is a great idea.

When I sent out my save the dates, I included a letter with the most current info on travel agencies, passport and hotel info, etc.
      :)

#3 MelanieS

MelanieS
      • 820 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

Lots of girls have done the brochure/newsletter to send out before everyone left. Check out ones from Morgan, Lauren, tlseege, and Ryan for starters. There are lots posted so you'll get some great ideas.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

In our STD letter we gave our website and said if someone didn't have internet access to let us know and we would mail them the info. We didn't have to in the end, but we were just going to literally click through our website, print out each page & link, and mail them in a manila envelope so it would be like the website only on paper. Good luck!

#5 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

I was going to suggest something from VistaPrint. When we sent our save the dates, we included a brochure of the resort, a letter and a magnet. They were over $1.00 each to mail, and it got expensive, but I know a lot of my relatives (older aunts) don't own a computer, let alone, know how to use the internet.
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

I would just do a packet of info. Here is a link to the one I just sent. They were between 1.48 and 1.65 to mail for 17 pages in an oversized envelope with their personalized luggage tags.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t19955

#7 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

This was kinda a big pain for me. I sent out emails and letters to people and then I had to send stuff in the mail to a few people. I guess I'm just being whiney though, because I seriously rely on the internet for EVERYTHING. It's hard for me to not understand how you can't have it- or email! Anyways, I had a few guests that had neither so I just sent them all the information by mail.
                Happily married since 2008

#8 1Love

1Love
                • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Thanks Ladies, some good ideas.............. I'm leaning towards the brochure.

#9 twixygrl

twixygrl
                  • 293 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by 1Love
                    Does anyone have any ideas on this....... I have a wedding website up & running with heaps upon heaps of info. Now I know that although some guests may have a computer, there are some who may not have access to the internet. I'm struggling to think of what I can do to ensure that guests w/out access to the internet have at the very least, the more important info from the website. Would a brochure (Vistaprint) be sufficient? Any ideas/examples would be appreciated!! What did you do?

Thanks!!!!!
                    I spent a lot of time on our website and there was so much info there that was important. We had about 10 grandma and grandpa types that do not have internet access. I used the print to PDF function and printed out each page of the website in color attached with a ribbon and sent via mail to each of the guests that I knew did not have internet access. It worked great and the guests appreciated being able to see the website and how it turned out.
                    Twixygrl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users