Photo

RE: how to take personalized M&M's to Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shannon

shannon
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

Hey ladies! I know girls on this forum before have used M&M's have a favor or in their OOT bags.. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to take them to Mexico with you, without the melting or getting "yucky?" Would you put them into a checked bag, or a carryon bag, or would it make a difference?

Thanks for any help!!!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

I would carry them on. It won't be a big deal for them to be checked on the big plane because it is so cold up in the air. My biggest fear is that they would sweat/melt on the way to the resort.

#3 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

I would probably carry them on too, dont want them melted!

#4 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
        • 716 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

I packed mine in the little plastic zip-lock baggies (used to put jewelry in--size 2x3) and they have been fine for the last month since I've done it. I have the cute little suitcase favors and put one little baggie of MMs in each one. They have been fine in the those to date. I'll let you know how it goes since I'll be traveling with them very soon!

#5 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

Maybe you could put them in the freezer overnight before you leave so hopefully they will still be cold once you get off the plane and won't melt?
            Michelle

#6 shannon

shannon
            • 772 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the posts! :) I feel much better!

#7 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

The M&M people told me that they are fresh if left in the original packaging - even if you bought them 9 months out - yep - they are still good! I would either carry them on or put in checked luggage. I think either way they would be fine until you got to the hotel and got them unpacked.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#8 shannon

shannon
                • 772 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                  The M&M people told me that they are fresh if left in the original packaging - even if you bought them 9 months out - yep - they are still good! I would either carry them on or put in checked luggage. I think either way they would be fine until you got to the hotel and got them unpacked.
                  Awesome---whoo-- took a little stress off! :)- -How would I have ever thought that M&Ms could become a source of a little stress?!?!?! Thanks again!

#9 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride08
                    Maybe you could put them in the freezer overnight before you leave so hopefully they will still be cold once you get off the plane and won't melt?
                    I've gone almost 10 days without sugar and now I am craving frozen M&M's
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users