Photo

Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

I'm in, I want two large ones.. (#6203) Are you guys talking about the all white ones or the ones with the light brown on the sides? Or does it make a differance?

I went to so many stores today trying to find something for the center container that can close so it won't spill in the plane,,, No luck yet, but I'm loving the sea shell idea for the side ones... Cute ladies..

#62 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
    • 1,188 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

Cool Tammy - We are looking at the ones that are kinda pearlized...

I am going to use an open container and bring a zip lock bag to put the sand in. We are going to use the sand from the beach in cabo and then when we are packing to go home I will put it in the bag and dump it back into the container when we get home. The sand will stay together through out the whole process - I think that is all that matters!
      Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
      http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#63 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

So your not using different colored sand? Hmmm, never thought of that...

#64 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

Yippee!! Tammy is in! So, now we have 7 shells requested (Sarah 2, TammyM 2, and me 3). We're getting closer to our goal of 12.

Tammy....thought you said a few days ago that you decided against the sand ceremony? .....Guess we were able to persuade you otherwise?

I'm also going to use the sand from Cabo...non-colorized. The zip loc bag is a brilliant idea. :0) ....I'm sure I would have thought of that before we left for Cabo!
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#65 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

I know,, I know... I always go back and forth on everything.. lol.. But Cain really like the idea so I figured "what the yell".. lol..

#66 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
            • 60 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

My friend suggested I look at wine carafes. They often come with lids, most are small openings so you'd have to use a funnel. I'm trying to figure out a way to seal the top - I'd have to glue it maybe?

Here are some ideas I found.

OVAL OAK WINE CARAFE - UncommonGoods

Metrokane V1 Vacuum Decanter - 6500- HomeClick.com

This one has a vacuum seal, that I'd take out once I got home

Bodum Barrique Wine Decanter w/ Cork Lid (Ball Shaped) 1.0L, 34oz 10361-10 from iKitchen.com

eva solo water & wine carafe | scandinavian details

#67 loretuke

loretuke
              • 131 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

if it's not too late I would like to join you guys as well. I will need two shells. Thanks

#68 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by loretuke
                  if it's not too late I would like to join you guys as well. I will need two shells. Thanks

You're in....we're up to 9 shells!

Anyone else want to go in on buying the pearlized nautilus shells for approx. $11 each?
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#69 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

Uggh I can't decide. I thought I wanted to do this 100% but now I kind of love the hand ceremony.

-Glenda

#70 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

I'm in for 2, sounds good, let me know who I owe money too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users