Photo

Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

Are many brides having a sand ceremony? What type of container are you using for the ceremony?

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

I was going to but recently decided against it.

#3 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

I'm planning to do a sand ceremony. I saw this idea and liked it. I might do something similar. http://www.photo.pic......& Dan223.jpg
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 OneLove

OneLove
        • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SPRINGBRIDE
          Are many brides having a sand ceremony? What type of container are you using for the ceremony?
          --i would like to do a sand ceremony vs the unity candles..and fi agreed.:)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TAMMYM
          I was going to but recently decided against it.
          --so....why have you decided against it? have you decided on something else?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
          I'm planning to do a sand ceremony. I saw this idea and liked it. I might do something similar. http://www.photo.pic......& Dan223.jpg
          --i love the idea from this pic.. i'll save this one.. let me know if you find those shells.. nice!

~andrea

#5 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
          • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

--so....why have you decided against it? have you decided on something else?

--i love the idea from this pic.. i'll save this one.. let me know if you find those shells.. nice!

~andrea[/QUOTE]

Same questionss for me!! What are you doing instead of the sand ceremony? I was told the candle just wont hold up at the location.

I love that pic as well, love the shells!!

#6 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
            • 631 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

yes we are doing a sand ceremony...since you said it I am going to go and look for some ideas on cases and stuff!

#7 Ali and Jeff

Ali and Jeff
              • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

We chose a sand ceremony for ours and brought down sand to match our wedding colours and then we found this little bottle in a craft store and used it to pour our sand in and then sealed it closed with some glue and a cork! It looks really neat and its a great keepsake for us since we couldn't bring flowers back or anything like that! Anyways here's a picture of what it looked like too!
                Click the image to open in full size.

#8 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
                • 259 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

I'm sorry to sound like an idiot but what does a sand ceremony signify and can you do it at any resort as part of the ceremony?

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sanchez0014
                    I'm sorry to sound like an idiot but what does a sand ceremony signify and can you do it at any resort as part of the ceremony?
                    I was just wondering the same thing, what the heck is a sand ceremony. Details people, we need details.

#10 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                    • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Julesr
                      I was just wondering the same thing, what the heck is a sand ceremony. Details people, we need details.
                      The sand ceremony is used to signify the coming together of the bride and groom into one. So the sand is mixed together (bride and groom each pouring one) and symbolizes the new couple that you become together. Does that make sense....not sure if I described it very well..
                      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users