Photo

Rainy day weddings at RIU

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:12 AM

Just FYI, if it is raining on your wedding day they set up your wedding inside Mammee Bay. I'm sorry i don't have a picture to show you what it looks like but it does look nice. The set up 2 chairs on each side the "aisle" and hang tulle and whatever flowers you choose from the ceiling down to the bannister. And you still have the ocean in the background. since it rained for like 3 days last week I'm sure one of the indoor weddings i saw was a BDW bride.
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

My biggest fear!!! I guess you have to make the most of what you have so I am sure its beautiful.

#3 KHarrod

KHarrod
      • 902 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

I'm glad that you answered that question because I have been thinking about that alot since I'm getting married during hurricaine season.

#4 wayneswifey

wayneswifey
        • 97 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

I was wondering.

#5 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the info! I have been wondering that myself after my sister asked what the back up indoor plan would be... and i had no clue!

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BeckyN
              Thanks for the info! I have been wondering that myself after my sister asked what the back up indoor plan would be... and i had no clue!
              *lol* wow becky..something you don't know :P

#7 Neema29

Neema29
              • 116 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for posting the info. Thats helpful since I am getting married in September.

#8 Bride010101

Bride010101
                • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by chicklet
                  *lol* wow becky..something you don't know :P
                  Hehe! I know. I felt like it would be something that would jinx me though... I like to pretend that it would never happen - so I just don't think about it. I was actually upset at my sister when she asked me. I think my response was something along the line of... I'm having my Jamaica wedding right on the beach like I've pictured, whether its raining or not. hehe : )

But from what other girls had said... it usually only rains for like 15-30 minutes at a time. So I didn't think finding an alternate location was necessary. But its good to know we have options just in case.

I have made a deal with Mother Nature that it can rain or snow all year long in MN as long as I have a beautiful day for my wedding.

#9 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BeckyN
                    Hehe! I know. I felt like it would be something that would jinx me though... I like to pretend that it would never happen - so I just don't think about it. I was actually upset at my sister when she asked me. I think my response was something along the line of... I'm having my Jamaica wedding right on the beach like I've pictured, whether its raining or not. hehe : )

But from what other girls had said... it usually only rains for like 15-30 minutes at a time. So I didn't think finding an alternate location was necessary. But its good to know we have options just in case.

I have made a deal with Mother Nature that it can rain or snow all year long in MN as long as I have a beautiful day for my wedding.
                    I did see 1 wedding at the beach gazebo in the rain! all the guests stood under palm trees and they stole the big umbrellas from the pool area.
                    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                      I did see 1 wedding at the beach gazebo in the rain! all the guests stood under palm trees and they stole the big umbrellas from the pool area.
                      Haha that will be me!! Rane or shine I will be in the sand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users