Sign in to follow this  
amesharpe

Newbie needs help

Hi! I'm totally new to this whole forum thing and completely clueless but I've enjoyed reading all of the posts in the last month while trying to plan.

We finally booked our trip to the Dreams Tulum Resort last week.

Wedding Date: December 20th, 2008

Matt & Ame

35 people have confirmed their reservations already and I'm totally overwhelmed because I haven't even started "save the dates" or invitations.

i'm going to need tons of help and advice. Looking forward to chatting with all of you

Welcome to the forum! It's a great place to be. My opinion on the STD and invitations... just do the invitations asap. Since your wedding is only about 8 months away, might as well just send out one notice and it probably should be the invitations. Save time. Save money. Sounds like you already have a good turnout...

It's hard not to stress but planning can be fun!

wow, you already have the party started!!! i agree, you could always skip the STDs if most people have already booked and just send out your invitations...

i'm getting married at DT in Jan 09 and just did a big hunk of our wedsite...it may be helpful if you want to check it out!

http://davidandjanine.weddingannouncer.com

welcome to forum and happy planning!!!! pinkie.gif

Wow, that is alot of people already. I agree, I would start working on invitations. I didn't do save the date cards and its been fine. I just sent the invitations out pretty early and made a website where i've been keeping track of the guest list. I have an area on there where everyone can write messages and keep in touch along the way. It's working pretty well.