Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JennyK

I need advice - annoying ex of FI

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
I agree with Ann. I don't think ultimatiums shoud be given. I hate, hate, hate that with a passion. That's such a deal breaker for me. I'm best friends with an ex who was my first love. There was a period when Brian felt uncomfortable with it, but if he ever said "it's him or me" Brian would have been gone. But instead he expressed his concern about my relationship with my ex and we talked through it. That's just my opinion though.

It is FI's responsibility to set boundaries. I don't think you should tell him who and who he is not allowed to be friends with. You can tell him what you are uncomfortable with and if he chooses to do something that you are not cool with you need to re-evaluate your relationship from there. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure she is doing things that you have a valid reason to be upset about but it's really not her that's the issue, it's your FI and his desire to be friends with her that is really causing the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambert13 View Post
I'm a bit late to this one, but....

I'm going to piggyback on Ann's advice.

1. When you say that it's not him that you don't trust, it's her......what you really mean is that you don't trust him around her. If you thought he had golden intentions and unwavering fidelity, it wouldn't matter what she did because you would know that he would reject anything she tried. Not saying that it's bad to think that way, but placing the blame on her instead of him is not right.

2. Ann was right that it is his responsibility to tell T what he wants to happen, not yours. And he can't shift the blame onto you when he talks to her. Otherwise it comes off as "I don't really want to stop talking to you, but I have to because of Jenny". That gives her an open door to keep on behaving like she is.

3. As for the wrestling match........ whether you were there, walking towards them or 1000 miles away it is his responsibility to stop shit like that from happening. That just aint right. That should be stopped by HIM not you because he does not want to disrespect you whether you are there or not.

4. You can't try to convince your future sister inlaw about this girl either. It's not your place. Even by 'giving your side of the story' you are trying to get her to think about T the way you do. Especially if she and T have been friends for 10 years. She obviously sees something in T that makes her want to be friends with her and it's not up to you to change it.
Very good additions to what I was trying to say! I couldn't agree more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I would freak out too! First of all she really doesn't sound like that great of a friend to your FI - if she really was she would accept you and try to get to know you and not make you feel uncomfortable when they were around each other. I don't think there is any reason for her to remain a "friend" in your FI's life - she has had plenty of chances to make nice and she hasn't done it yet. WTF? So sorry you are dealing with this - I'm sure it is stressful - but you are the one with the ring sista! Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Remember - she doesn't want FI. She only wants to know that she could if she changed her mind. So just make sure she knows that he's with you, he loves you and there's nothing in the world that will change it.
I think Becks hit the nail on the head above -- this girl definitely doesn't WANT your FI -- it's the "game playing" that she enjoys...and the more your FI lets her get away with it, and the more she knows it bothers you, the more she'll keep it up. She sounds like one of those girls who "thinks" all guys want her and to boost herself up she has to keep telling herself this and wanting others to believe the same, including you. Thing is, they don't usually want the guy -- they just need to feel in their own warped minds that they could have him if they wanted him.

Honestly, it doesn't even sound like your FI has a bit of interest in her either. Sounds to me like he just wants things to be peaceful since his sister is good friends with her and not have to worry about friction when you encounter her in social situations -- so maybe his explanation was a little off in asking you if the two of you could be friends with her again and he really just meant can you two just be civil with her socially.

As long as he's just wanting you to be civil in social situations, I could deal with that...but as Ann has said, HE needs to set boundaries with her -- and make it very clear to her that it's what HE wants...that he's a grown man and is totally capable of coming up with those boundaries on his own based on his respect and love for you and your relationship.

If she can handle it, great...if not -- it's HER problem. I wouldn't give her a second thought anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is almost ver batem what happened to a friend of mine and her and her husband split up sad.gif

 

You need to get this resolved ASAP and BEFORE the wedding, cause it ain't going away by the sounds of it.

 

BOO to BITCHES!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana View Post
I wouldn't be friends with her. You and your FI can be civil and talk to her when you're forced into a situation where she's present, but for you or your FI to go out of your ways to be her friend, I don't see it as necessary. You're feeling the way you feel for a good reason and trust your instinct. As adults you should be able to be around one another and not want to fight, but I kind of think that should be the extent of it. I've been in your situation and I said no way to being friends. My FI and I's relationship is better because of it.
i TOTALLY agree! remain "civil" but why be friends? let me finish reading the rest of this thread.... i am fuming for u!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
Thanks for the advice ladies.. grouphug.gif You guys are the best. It's funny how I had to get advice before talking to him. Now I got some good words for him wink.gif I'll talk to him tonight about it since this wedding that we'll see her at is this Saturday.


BTW, I got an awesomeeeeeeeeeee hot dress to wear..

i know i know.. I want her to look at me lol
NICE! u will have to show us pix! and also, try not to let her get under your skin too. just smile and be merry...as hard as it may be with that douche nozzle sitting at your table. did you talk to him last night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenMarie View Post
I think Becks hit the nail on the head above -- this girl definitely doesn't WANT your FI -- it's the "game playing" that she enjoys...and the more your FI lets her get away with it, and the more she knows it bothers you, the more she'll keep it up. She sounds like one of those girls who "thinks" all guys want her and to boost herself up she has to keep telling herself this and wanting others to believe the same, including you. Thing is, they don't usually want the guy -- they just need to feel in their own warped minds that they could have him if they wanted him.

Honestly, it doesn't even sound like your FI has a bit of interest in her either. Sounds to me like he just wants things to be peaceful since his sister is good friends with her and not have to worry about friction when you encounter her in social situations -- so maybe his explanation was a little off in asking you if the two of you could be friends with her again and he really just meant can you two just be civil with her socially.

As long as he's just wanting you to be civil in social situations, I could deal with that...but as Ann has said, HE needs to set boundaries with her -- and make it very clear to her that it's what HE wants...that he's a grown man and is totally capable of coming up with those boundaries on his own based on his respect and love for you and your relationship.

If she can handle it, great...if not -- it's HER problem. I wouldn't give her a second thought anymore.
You hit it right on the head. He did say to me,"I won't be close to her like we were, I just don't want to feel uncomfortable anytime we come in contact with her." He suggested we invite her over for dinner or something and just talk things over and clear all the animosity. That way we all can understand each others feelings. I can guarantee she doesn't "want" my FI. It's the fact that before me, she counted on my FI for EVERYTHING. They always hung out, were each other's dates to everything.. and once I came into the picture, he wasn't as accessible to her. Now there was another girl in his life (me) and she had to be pushed to the rear. I don't think she liked that much. I honestly think that's why she's trying so hard to sabotage us.. because she wants her buddy back and be his "number 1" chick. He's made it very clear to me that he loves me and only sees her like a sister.. and its me he has to live with not her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
NICE! u will have to show us pix! and also, try not to let her get under your skin too. just smile and be merry...as hard as it may be with that douche nozzle sitting at your table. did you talk to him last night?
girl I chickened out lol We were up all night playing Rock Band and by the time we went to sleep, it was too late to have this long convo with him. I'm gonna try again today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
I can guarantee she doesn't "want" my FI. It's the fact that before me, she counted on my FI for EVERYTHING. They always hung out, were each other's dates to everything.. and once I came into the picture, he wasn't as accessible to her. Now there was another girl in his life (me) and she had to be pushed to the rear. I don't think she liked that much. I honestly think that's why she's trying so hard to sabotage us.. because she wants her buddy back and be his "number 1" chick. He's made it very clear to me that he loves me and only sees her like a sister.. and its me he has to live with not her.
Okay, got it. See, she sees you as a threat and only sees you as the girl that came between him and her hanging out. First, she needs to grow up and get over herself and realize that things change, people GROW UP, and do grown up things -- like getting engaged and starting a life together. She needs to do the same. It really kills me though, that she seems to have to "show herself" when she's around the two of you to prove to herself and YOU that she still has some kind of, I don't want to say hold, but some kind of attachment to him....again, she needs to get over herself.

As far as having her over for dinner so the 3 of you can talk about your differences or whatever...I'd have to skip on that. Ummmm, your FI needs to realize this is NOT a 3-some and needs to stop treating it as such, in a matter of speaking. This is HER problem, not yours -- there should be no reason for you to explain yourself to her, as she should not be any part of your relationship with your FI...and you don't owe her anything. You don't have to be nasty with your FI about it when you try to explain this -- it's just a matter of fact. SHE is the one acting innappropriately when she's around the two of you. If you do come off as uncivil with her when you're around her, geeeeeeeeeeeeeee --- I'd say that her "play wrestling" with YOUR FI is a good reason for that --- again, HER actions are what's causing YOUR reaction. This is HER problem -- NOT yours...treat her civily when she's in your company and be done with it and her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello, we're butterfly farmers and pleased to be bringing eco-friendly butterfly releases back to destination weddings in Jamaica. Videos of our releases can be found here: https://youtu.be/LIzidGsR89o One love,   Nadine   Fruit Hill Butterfly Farm fruithillbutterflies.com 
    • I’m a wedding planner/organizer by profession. Truth be told, I don’t have that much experience in the industry but I’m doing the best I can. We will be working on a wedding next month with a foreign couple. I’m usually the one who handles everything on behalf of the bride during the day so I need some tips and advice on how to handle brides from foreign countries. Do they need special accommodations? What are the kinds of services they are used to when under pressure? What kind of snacks should I offer them during breaks or when they’re hungry? Thanks so much in advance.
    • Mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi là 1 trong những biểu hiện nhận thấy Bệnh mào gà có phải như thế không? Và sau đây là một vài các thông tin của căn Bệnh sùi mào gà tới từ triệu chứng mọc mụn tại cuống lưỡi, mọi người nên tham khảo và bổ sung vào kho tri thức của mình nhé. Với các thông tin triệu chứng trên, bạn có thể tìm hiểu thêm.Mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi chỉ là một trong nhiều triệu chứng của căn Bệnh mào gà, hoặc là một dấu hiệu chứng bệnh nào đó khác và cũng có thể chỉ là một triệu chứng sinh lý bình thường. Để có thể đem đến được các chuẩn đoán chuẩn xác nhất bạn hãy đến với trung tâp y tế gặp trực tiếp bác sỹ để điều trị nhé. các dấu hiệu triệu chứng của căn bệnh mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi - các biểu hiện triệu chứng của căn bệnh mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi sau quá trình lây nhiễm virus gây bệnh thì bệnh có quá trình ủ bệnh, và Căn cứ vào từng cơ địa của từng người mà quy trình ủ căn bệnh có thể kéo dài từ 2 - 8 tháng, kế tiếp thì chứng bệnh mới có các biểu hiện ban đầu như xuất hiện các vùng da sẩn đỏ, nổi mụn nhỏ ly ti có màu hồng nhạt, kế tiếp những nốt mụn này kết dính và có hình dạng sùi lên có hình dạng như mào con gà - lúc này thì các tồn thương, các mào gà này sẽ xuất hiện thêm triệu chứng chảy dịch nhờn, khi ấn tay mạnh vào các mào gà đó thì chúng chảy mủ có mùi rất không dễ chịu. - hiện tượng chứng bệnh mọc mụn tại cuống lưỡi tại đàn ông bình thường hay xuất hiện ở rãnh bao quy đầu, có thể ở bẹn, háng hay thậm chí là tại cả hậu môn, còn tại giới nữ thì triệu chứng chính ở môi trên, môi dưới, tại cửa mình...đặc biệt cổ tử cung làm ra triệu chứng vô sinh tại nữ giới bởi vì những nốt mào gà gây ngăn cản khả năng thụ tinh của tinh trùng với trứng - ngay đó chứng bệnh còn dấu hiệu tại những khu vực khác như đường miệng, lưỡi, khóe mắt, vùng mắt, tay chân... bệnh mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi có nhiều dấu hiệu và biểu hiện hết sức phức tạp vì vậy nếu phát hiện các dấu hiệu của bệnh thì tốt nhất nên đến các trung tâm y tế gần nhất để kiểm tra và điều trị Với các thông tin như trên hi vọng bạn đã hiểu rõ và biết nhiều hơn về các hiện tượng mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi có phải hiện tượng Bệnh mào gà không. những cái nhìn bằng mắt thường chỉ là một trong những cách để nhận biết. Bạn có thể đến với phòng khám đa khoa Hoàn Cầu để được chỉ dẫn và trị bệnh 1 hình thức tốt nhất nhé. Mọi thông tin rõ hơn có thể coi ở nhiều hơn tại địa chỉ website: https://dakhoahoancau.vn/
    • Hi, I am getting married after one year. I have tons of planning to do and very little time. Planning a wedding can be difficult especially when there is less time. I have to do a lot of things on my own and at the same time work overtime to earn more money. Recently when I was hanging out with my close friends, I noticed that my friend who had crooked teeth like mine had perfect teeth now. I was surprised to see that I asked her that what did you do for a sudden change. She said that she tried Invisalign braces and had a change with her smile within a short time. I told about this to my bf and he also told me to give a try for it. I took an appointment with a dentist in Aurora. I don't know whether there will be a  change within a short time. What can you say on this? Am I taken a good decision?
    • Hi, I'm in a relationship with a guy who is in my college. He is planning to migrate from our area and he wants to marry me before he leaves. He is well planned for our marriage. He accompanied me for all the wedding shopping and was supporting me a lot. But there was an unexpected accident and I fell down hitting the floor. I was taken to the nearby clinic for getting the emergency dental care  from a clinic in Toronto. My front canine was lost after the accident and I think I need to get dentures before my wedding. Or according to your opinion what can be done other than dentures?
  • Topics

×