Photo

Looking for this dress...but affordable

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 flygirl

flygirl
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

I had my first experience wedding dress shopping with my mom this past weekend...wow!
    For starters, I didn’t realize that the stores only carry one size of each dress usually being a 10 which is really like a 6 and I wear an 8 on a good day, so….that was fun!

Anywho, we found a lot of really cute dresses but I saw a picture of this Monique Lhuillier Miranda dress a while ago and I can’t get it out of my head. I’m not willing to track it down and spend thousands of dollars on it, but I was hoping to find a dress in the stores that resembled it. No such luck. Found some things that were similar but they had a halter neck line instead of a v neck or they would have a lot of bling and be big and poofy at the bottom. I really didn’t think I was going to be this picky of a shopper, but as it turns out – I am.

If anyone sees anything like this, could you please let me know the designer and style – Thanks!
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 zoeysmom1204

zoeysmom1204
    • 218 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

you could have it made for cheap... just bring pics to a seamstress

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Is this one a little similar? Sorry I cant upload to photobucket here at work... David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns T9512 Allover beaded lace trumpet with illusion halter neckline and matching sash.

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

Sorry I'm no help with finding it, but I wanted to say I hope you do find a good knock-off version because it's beautiful!!!

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

i tried that dress on -- it was gorgeous byut $7,000. good luck tracking one down that looks enough like it to satisfy you! i tried but didnt have a lot of luck because i was picky and there was always something that was a little too different about the non-monique gown that i couldnt get over.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lucy106
          Is this one a little similar? Sorry I cant upload to photobucket here at work... David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns T9512 Allover beaded lace trumpet with illusion halter neckline and matching sash.
          this one is really similar and very pretty!
          oh, oops except you said no halter oh well, i still like it, maybe it could be altered to regular straps somehow?

#7 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

OMG - What a beautiful dress!
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#8 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DougsGirl
              this one is really similar and very pretty!
              oh, oops except you said no halter oh well, i still like it, maybe it could be altered to regular straps somehow?
              Dang, long day sorry, if I could read that would help. I was just so excited to see the gorgeous lace that kind of matched. Bummer, sorry!

#9 flygirl

flygirl
              • 263 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lucy106
                Dang, long day sorry, if I could read that would help. I was just so excited to see the gorgeous lace that kind of matched. Bummer, sorry!
                I appreciate the effort! I actually tried that dress on yesterday and it is super cute and really close, but (and it doesn't show in the picture) it's covered in pearls and sequins and it has a really long train...other than that - it's perfect :-) God I'm picky!
                Before we started shopping my mom made the comment - wouldn't it be so cool if you loved the first dress you tried on...ha!

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

Didn't Kashmira wear this dress or something similar?

It's gorgeous but I think finding a knock off might be hard. I bet the lace wouldn't be as elegant as this dress. I hope you can find one though!

I like the David's Bridal one and I think that's the closest I have seen.
                  Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users