Photo

I Hate Moving

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn79

Jenn79
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

As much as I love the final result of a move, I hate all the hullaballoo leading up to it: the packing, the constant presence of cardboard dust, the lifting, the aching muscles, the never being able to find anything because it's all packed somewhere...have I left anything out?

The past two weeks have been so full of all of this, I just felt I needed to get it out somewhere. And since so many of you gals are in the process of moving yourselves, I thought what better place than right here?

Needless to say, things are finally starting to come together...there are still boxes EVERYWHERE, hubby's tools have taken up permanent residency in the living room (until the new couch comes in, then they are moving whether he likes it or not), and I still can't find my housecoat!

But being in the house is soooo much better than the apartment we were living in. I finally have closet space and a bathroom all to myself! And hubby gets to do the basement up with all his Senators gear (meaning it is no longer cluttering up the computer room!)
    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

Yes moving stinks!!!

It is worth it at the end though.

Congrats on the new house!!!

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

Congratulations on your new place. Just like you said, even though moving is such a big hassle the outcome is much better. What I can understand is you never know how much "stuff" you have until you move and then you think. Do I really need this?

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

Hey - I'm right there with you! We moved ALL of our stuff from an apartment & a large storage unit this weekend. Luckily in a large house there are more places to hide the boxes you aren't ready to deal with yet I totally feel your pain (my hands hurt so much it's hard to type!!)

I swear, on Friday night, our last night in the apt, I almost had a panic attack because it felt like we were living in a trash house - boxes every where, a total mess....ick, I can't even think about it.

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

I am about to be there. We move into our new house the 25th! BLAH I am not looking forward to the boxes and sore back and aching hands......

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

I moved a month ago and I still can't find stuff! We donated so much stuff too and our garage is still full! Moving does suck, but once you get all done you have that "ahhhh...time to relax" feeling.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

I am so excited for all that crap because of the reason behind it! I will gladly deal with it all and not complain :) We have REALLY outgrown our little cracker-box. I am so excited to buy a house and move so I have a solid excuse to donate/trash 50% of the junk we've accumulated!! YAY!

But sorry for you, Jennifer, and others in moving mode, just think how nice it will be when you're done and sitting on your couch in your new living room with a glass of wine! Ahhhhh :)

#8 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sodria
                Congratulations on your new place. Just like you said, even though moving is such a big hassle the outcome is much better. What I can understand is you never know how much "stuff" you have until you move and then you think. Do I really need this?
                Oh I know! We have about three random boxes started for "give away" stuff! It's ridiculous how it all just accumulates.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Christa
                Hey - I'm right there with you! We moved ALL of our stuff from an apartment & a large storage unit this weekend. Luckily in a large house there are more places to hide the boxes you aren't ready to deal with yet
                I am so excited for all that crap because of the reason behind it! I will gladly deal with it all and not complain :) We have REALLY outgrown our little cracker-box. I am so excited to buy a house and move so I have a solid excuse to donate/trash 50% of the junk we've accumulated!! YAY!

But sorry for you, Jennifer, and others in moving mode, just think how nice it will be when you're done and sitting on your couch in your new living room with a glass of wine! Ahhhhh :)
                Already eagerly anticipating! Only three weeks til the couch gets here!
                Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users