• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear but I am talking about the crinoline slip underneath - or the hoop skirt - or whatever I need - do you think I can just buy one on ebay or should I wait and try one on w/ my dress?

#52 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Betsy
      Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear but I am talking about the crinoline slip underneath - or the hoop skirt - or whatever I need - do you think I can just buy one on ebay or should I wait and try one on w/ my dress?
      I'm a little slow today- sorry!!! I'd for sure try that on with my dress so that you know the length is correct.

#53 nat4crim

nat4crim
      • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

When you have cups sewn in, do you buy a bra you want (i.e a great push up) and the seamstress uses that to sew into the dress?

#54 nat4crim

nat4crim
        • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:58 AM

As for the whole spank thing, I'm not gonna bother sweating like mad. The way I see it, I will be in a bikini all week in front of my guests, without the help of spank.

#55 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:36 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Betsy
            My bridal salon had it there and I ended up buying it from them. I know I will be sweating like crazy, but I will take it off once the ceremony is over.

#56 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:45 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nat4crim
              When you have cups sewn in, do you buy a bra you want (i.e a great push up) and the seamstress uses that to sew into the dress?
              the seamstress usually has different size cups for you to choose from.

As for the crinoline slip, I bought one for my dress off of ebay, but the day of the wedding it was so hot that I ended up not wearing it, my dress had some crinoline underneath, so it still had a little pouf to it.

I would definetly try it on with your dress because mine was too long and had to be hemmed. Also you want to make sure it poufs the dress out enough.

#57 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

I got my crinoline along with my TTD dress that I bought off eBay (I got it all for less than $100). I am taking the crinoline to the dry cleaners today b/c it is all bunched up and wrinkled from being in the storage bag -- but it is goinbg to be perfect with my wedding dress and TTD dress. The bra -- I am going to try on the Flattering Me line this week at a local salon b/c I need a longline w/ my dress that you won't be able to see the boning with. I wish I could go w/o, but I think it just really pulls everything together with my dress and the overall look I want to achieve. The longlines that I have seem to have boning that you can kind of see through the dress. Flattering Me is supposed to be the bomb, so we shall see... If not, then I think it's a trip to VS to see what type of bridal longlines they might have that work.

#58 sn2bski

sn2bski
                • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nat4crim
                  As for the whole spank thing, I'm not gonna bother sweating like mad. The way I see it, I will be in a bikini all week in front of my guests, without the help of spank.
                  Thats a darn good point! I agree, I think I'll forget about the spanks. I feel like they just push my fat into another area-its weird! I also will have bra cups sewn in. Ahh, long gone are the days of high school when I could just go bra-less in my prom and homecoming gowns.

#59 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sn2bski
                    I think I'll forget about the spanks. I feel like they just push my fat into another area-its weird!
                    I agree. Spanx pushes all my fat from my lower stomach up and I get a big roll. No thanks. Unless I'm wearing the wrong kind.

To have cups sewn in, does that actually help you fill out a dress more? My dress was kinda gaping at the top and she said with corset backs you generally need no alterations. She just tied me up tighter but I think if I were to wear it like that the day of the wedding I would pass out! I was feeling kinda light headed at the fitting and I wasn't sure if that's because I stood in one place for too long.

Help me and my boobies! I've never had this problem before being a C cup.
                    Happily married since 2008

#60 chicago88

chicago88
                    • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

Yes, you'll definitely need your slip before you get your fitting. Basically you need everything, shoes, bra, etc... so it fits just right.

I got my slip at David's Bridal, I think it was $40-50.

Therese & Jay
                      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users