undergarment question

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

Okay, so I went and tried some dresses on today. It was my first time and I was dreading not liking anything on myself. But I did actually like quite a few of the dresses. Anyway, when I was trying them on she had me wearing a petticoat and this bra thing, and let me tell you I was sweating!! For those of you that have already gotten married and those of you that have bought your dress, what are you wearing underneath?? I really can't see myself wearing that enormous petticoat in 90 degree weather in mexico, I'm gonna melt!!

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

I think I am going to have them sew in cups when I have my dress altered. And that's all I'd wear (on top anyway!). I'm about a C cup - that will be enough, won't it?

#3 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

Wear as little as possible.

Yes, have the bra cups sewn in.

I'm not sure I would say forgo the most wonderful dress in the world because you don't want to wear a petticoat, but I wouldn't have been able to handle it. Especially when we were dancing. Whew - it was hot when those salsa teachers had us going!

Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#4 Janet

• VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

Yes I was pretty darn hot, and my dress wasn't even that poofy! I only wore some spanx, no bra...but the material was thick enough that it was fine and held me in tight...lol

#5 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

yeah, when she had me getting all dresses up today I asked her if it was really necessary to wear all that stuff and she said the dress would look better, but almost all the dresses I tried on had so many layers under them already, it was just too much, I know I'll hate it!!

I've had cups sewn in in bm dresses before and it was great!! Nothing to worry about.

okay this is a dumb question, but what are spanx?? I know I've heard girls mention them before, but was never sure. is it like suction pants or something?

#6 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

My dress maker is also going to sew the cups in the dress but since I'm an A cup I think I'll need some "help" there hehehehe

#7 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

Anny, I'm just a B and I always need help!! I need like push up cups or something, lol!

#8 Hummingbird

• 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

I got married in Arizona in October, but it was still in the high 80's/low 90's. I actually wore a hoopskirt as my first layer, and it was wonderful! Hoopskirts keep all those layers of tulle and crinoline away from your legs, and lets air in. I didn't feel hot at all. It was also easier for dancing - DH and I do ballroom dancing, and I wouldn't have been able to move as well if I had just worn a petticoat. (I actually did wear a petticoat over the hoopskirt, b/c my dress was very full, but it worked well and looked great.)

There are online sites where you can buy hoopskirts; I'll try to find the name of where I bought mine. It was adjustable, which worked well, and they also have different sizes (ie, 1 hoop, 2 hoops, 3 hoops, etc) depending on how wide you need it to be. I highly recommend using a hoopskirt!

Oh, and as for the bra, I definitely needed one, and I wasn't able to sew cups into my dress (wouldn't have worked), so I just bought a strapless "merrywidow" type bra from Victoria's Secret. I loved it, and it also wasn't hot. Quite comfortable, actually.
                  ~A & C

#9 Hummingbird

• 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

Or, you could use these:

Victoria's Secret - Invisible shaping bra

I have heard some brides love them, but I have never personally tried it!
                    ~A & C

#10 mexico15

• 250 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

I am the same as everyone else...I am getting the bra cups sewn in. However, I refused to try on the petticoat under the dress...I did not want one with my dress no matter what. They seems shocked, but after I explained I will be on a beach, they understood. If you don't want that...tell them you don't need one, that way you can see what the dress will actually look like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users