Mommies to be check in

Christine

Lisa, sorry to hear that you didn't pass the glucose test. I wouldn't worry though, I know a lot of girls on FF who didn't pass the 1 hour but pass the 3 hour. It's just a pain in the butt to sit and wait for 3 hours and have your blood checked again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Hey girls!! I got a call from the doctors office on Wednesday - 1 day after my glucose test. She said my levels were elevated. Should have been under 140 - but was 159....argh!!!!!! So I have to go back in for the 3 hour test on Monday at 8:45am.

So I had to go to the doctors twice this week which sucked. I took my glucose test on Tuesday (which i passed) and while I was there I mentioned to my OB that I've been having pretty bad Braxton Hicks. She was pretty concerned and suggested that we do a FFT (fetal fibronectin test) which basically is a test to see if you are going to go into pre-term labor. Well the lab messed up the first sample, so I had to do another one yesterday. I'll know the results on Monday. I'm really not that worried though, because the BH are really sporadic and have no pattern at all, unlike real contractions.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
What really sucks is that I can't eat the entire time. That means I can't eating anything until almost noon.
Lisa~

It's not AS bad as it sounds~ yes, it's hard to sit there and not eat, but that's why they have the appt. early in the day! Try to sleep as long as you can so you're not up wanting to eat! They'll make sure you're OK and not about to pass out or anything.

And, if you do end up having GD, that's not the worst thing in the world either. As I sit here with Austin sleeping in my arms, I can tell you I would've put up with GD the whole 9 months to get him!! You'll soon know what I mean! :)

Hang in there!
Amy

Quote:
Hey girls!! I got a call from the doctors office on Wednesday - 1 day after my glucose test. She said my levels were elevated. Should have been under 140 - but was 159....argh!!!!!! So I have to go back in for the 3 hour test on Monday at 8:45am.
She said it could be nothing since it wasn't that high - but they want to make sure.
What really sucks is that I can't eat the entire time. That means I can't eating anything until almost noon. Nice!
Other than that news, we've been on vaca for the past fews days and I've been feeling o.k. Lots of walking....In the mornings I've been getting very light headed and dizzy. I've drank a little caffein and it gets better. It may just be the air in this cabin we are in.
Hope you girls are feeling good!!
2 of my friends had to do the 3 hour test and they both passed them and did not have GD, so I would not worry about it, I am sure you are fun. It just sucks to have to do a 3 hour test and just sit there, with no eating that day. Ughh, but its good to know the outcome, so its worth it.

OMG Mo. You are having such a horrible time with this 1st trimester. Good luck shopping. I'm sure it will be good for you to get out of the house.

I just got back from my 3 hour. It wasn't so bad. Luckily my mom lives 4 miles from the docs office - so I went there and layed down between my blood tests. Worked perfect. I'll know tomorrow how the test went.

oh my gosh, Mo. This has been a very crappy beginning for you. I hope everything gets better real soon....I know the outcome will be worth it, but this must be sucky for you!

Lisa and Karma, good luck on your tests!!!!

My results aren't back yet! sad.gif

Quote:
OMG Mo. You are having such a horrible time with this 1st trimester. Good luck shopping. I'm sure it will be good for you to get out of the house.

I just got back from my 3 hour. It wasn't so bad. Luckily my mom lives 4 miles from the docs office - so I went there and layed down between my blood tests. Worked perfect. I'll know tomorrow how the test went.
They let you leave? They do not let you leave here when you are getting the test, you have to sit there, where they can see you, for the whole time. That is not too bad at all if they let you leave. Glad to hear it went well. My fingers are crossed for good results. But, a few of my friends had GD and its not a big deal really, you just have to be careful what you eat and check your sugar everyday. 1 of them did not have a c-section either because she knew she had it so she was controlling it and the baby did not get to big. So if you do have it, I would not worry about it too much, its very very common and goes away after birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieG View Post
They let you leave? They do not let you leave here when you are getting the test, you have to sit there, where they can see you, for the whole time. That is not too bad at all if they let you leave. Glad to hear it went well. My fingers are crossed for good results. But, a few of my friends had GD and its not a big deal really, you just have to be careful what you eat and check your sugar everyday. 1 of them did not have a c-section either because she knew she had it so she was controlling it and the baby did not get to big. So if you do have it, I would not worry about it too much, its very very common and goes away after birth.
They did let me leave. She just reminded me everytime that I could not eat or drink anything during that hour.
o.k., so if I do have GD, I would have a chance of having a larger baby - just like if I had real diabetes? And a chance for a CS? I did not know that... what.gif

Karma - Did you get your results yesterday?

And OMG Julie - you are almost there!!! How are you feeling??

Quote:
They did let me leave. She just reminded me everytime that I could not eat or drink anything during that hour.
o.k., so if I do have GD, I would have a chance of having a larger baby - just like if I had real diabetes? And a chance for a CS? I did not know that... what.gif

Karma - Did you get your results yesterday?

And OMG Julie - you are almost there!!! How are you feeling??
There would only be a CS if the baby got to be really big. Even then, its an option, you can still decide to do it on your own. My one friend has GD and her son was 12 lbs 3 ounces. He broke the record at our hospital here. But when she was told he would be so big, she asked for CS, you don't have to, but she did not want to try to push him out. lol I would have done the same thing.

But, at the same time, like I said, I have one friend who had it and her daughter was an average 7 lbs, so if its caught on time, then you can control it and your baby will not get too big. The friend I referred to above kept putting off her test, she had her reasons, and didn't find out she had GD till around 30 weeks. Even then I am not so sure she did her best to keep it under control.

Well I got my results this morning, and it was negative. So thankfully, Hannah will not be making an early arrival just yet. I was not really worried, the test was just more for peace of mind.

Lisa- Any news yet?

Martha- I just noticed you are officially in your 3rd trimester now! Congrats! I can't wait until next week so I can finally say that!

Julie-I'm so excited for you! Have you been having contractions yet?