Dominican REpublic Wedding !!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

As you can see by all the people in swim suits in the back ground, one of the first things I was gonna tell you is to think about the gazebo, or a more private area of the beach. lol

#12 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
    • 466 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

Jules --

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a fun wedding.

I was thinking of doing our wedding in the DR (RM or Negril), I still haven't narrowed it down really. I think I'm going to make my decision based upon the hotel and what it has to offer in terms of wedding.

Did you like the accomidations at the Sunscape? The food? Whats your review on the hotel compared to others you stayed in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Monika

#13 analuna19

analuna19
      • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Jules !! cool pics!! ... so would you recommend this resort for the wedding ? did the bride love it there?

#14 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Welcome Ana!! good luck planning!!

#15 EDYTA

EDYTA
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:12 PM

thanks for posting those pics...that is one of the main reasons why i would never get married on the beach is people in their bathing suits....unless it was a private beach i guess

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

Welcome! I have never been to DR nor do I know much about it. But my co-worker is Dominican and lived there her entire life so if you want me to ask her something specific I will. Good luck with your planning!

-Glenda

#17 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
              • 547 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

We were looking at the STB (Sunscape The Beach) property but decided that we may like Excellence better because it is adult only. Sunscape has great reviews on Trip Advisor though and is highly recommended. Apple Vacations also has STB as one of their resorts so you can go to their website to get a ballpark figure on pricing. All of their rates are for all-inclusive, airfare, and transfers to/from airport.

Punta Cana is now rated as having some of the best beaches in the world. That alone is one of our reasons for choosing it . It is a very "up-and-coming" resort area so I am sure in the next couple years it will be booming.

Monika, I think when you said Negril you were thinking of Jamaica. The main cities in the Dominican Republic are Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana, and Cabarete.
                http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
                Amy & Aaron
                May 10, 2008
                Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#18 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AmyInMI
                  We were looking at the STB (Sunscape The Beach) property but decided that we may like Excellence better because it is adult only. Sunscape has great reviews on Trip Advisor though and is highly recommended. Apple Vacations also has STB as one of their resorts so you can go to their website to get a ballpark figure on pricing. All of their rates are for all-inclusive, airfare, and transfers to/from airport.

Punta Cana is now rated as having some of the best beaches in the world. That alone is one of our reasons for choosing it . It is a very "up-and-coming" resort area so I am sure in the next couple years it will be booming.

Monika, I think when you said Negril you were thinking of Jamaica. The main cities in the Dominican Republic are Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana, and Cabarete.
                  Amy, as I was in a wedding at STB in April last year, those are the pics I posted, I can help you out if you have any questions. Let me know.

#19 analuna19

analuna19
                  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

Jules I have soooo many questions idont even know where to start... did you like the resort? the accomodations? would you recommend it ? did the bride use a trael agent or did she do it herself? how about the reception? was it on a private area of the resort? am I asking too many quest? lol .....I wish I could sit you down.and just hear about it from beginning to end!!! lol lol

(sorry about any misspelled words I'm typing from my sidekick)

thank you ....

#20 EDYTA

EDYTA
                    • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by analuna19
                      Jules I have soooo many questions idont even know where to start... did you like the resort? the accomodations? would you recommend it ? did the bride use a trael agent or did she do it herself? how about the reception? was it on a private area of the resort? am I asking too many quest? lol .....I wish I could sit you down.and just hear about it from beginning to end!!! lol lol

(sorry about any misspelled words I'm typing from my sidekick)

thank you ....
                      I thought id respond to this question as well...id totally recommed sunscape beach i thought the resort was beautiful and lots of restaurants to choose from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users