Worst gift ever..

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#121 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Teira1031 

my FMIL got me these flip flops that dont actually have straps ... its just like a flat shoe and you get it wet and it sticks to you feet supposidly?!

ummm, wow, just wow!  I don't think I have ever even heard of such a thing!

#122 LisaMatterni

• 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by TammyB 

Mine was from this years birthday, this past January. Someone got me a plate design kit, ok so some of you may think it doesn't sound bad, but it's a plastic plate, and it's something that I would get a 5 year old, in fact the instructions even say at the ordering screen "this is where your parents are going to have to help you complete" (or something to that effect)

I know this person thinks I'm crafty, but umm what the heck I'm I suppose to use a random plate design for?

Oh my that sounds awkward. Well, you should be glad about it. At least someone made an effort to give a gift.

#123 hamme

• 194 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

my socially akward cousin got all the women in the family silk victoria secret robes and hot pink lip gloss. the husbands and dad's were not too impressed

#124 sonyaj

• 150 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

A hamster.... wtheck???

#125 DeAngelis2be

• 349 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

MY FI thinks a waffle maker was the worst gift we got at our engagement party. I like waffles and thought it was a cute gift, he thought our guest was just being cheap. lol

#126 bmadzia1

• 355 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

Ok.. fine.. if you really want to know...

When me and my FI moved in together, it was our first Christmas together etc.  I was working 12hr night shifts through that Christmas. So Christmas Eve, we spent with my parents, and I went off to work.  Came home and we were going to open our gifts.. My son got a Game Boy, my FI got a VERY EXPENSIVE set of Dewalt tools that he wanted for ever (It cost me close to $1000). Well, so it was my turn to open my gift. Well, it was a damn VACUUM!!!!!!! Really, I want a vacuum for Christmas????? And it wasn't some nice dyson or anything - but some crap that I hated for the next 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!

#127 JLR1726

• 187 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

haha these are great posts!

The worst gift I have ever recieved was from my biological father and his wife. I only see them about once a year for Christmas and a couple years ago they got me a sweat suit that was made for a 12 year old girl. It was bedazzled with glitter, beads and sequins and was about a millions times too small LOL. All I could do was laugh and say thank you. I took it home and took funny pictures with it. Now they just give me money.

#128 schmizer

• 213 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelle E. 

I got a little furry fake kitten one time. It was made out of some kind of real fur, and was shaped to look like it was curled up and sleeping. However, when I opened the box it was in, it seriously looked so real that I panicked and since it wasn't moving I thought it was dead! It was horrible!!!

My poor mother had meant it as a joke type gift since I wanted a kitten SO bad and couldn't have pets where I was living at the time. It was meant to be funny, but it seriously startled me so bad I couldn't ever get past it....I "lost" it when moving back to Texas! lol!

Funny, I got one of these too!  From my Mom.  Who got it for me since I couldn't have cats in my apartment.  Very creepy.

#129 LisaandJeff

• 296 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

I got a used Debbie Gibson "Out of the Blue" tape cassette for Christmas one year -- 2004!!! And no, it wasn't a white elephant party. :)
                    June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#130 11-11-11Bride

• Banned
                    • 140 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

On our 1 year anniversary, my now ex, got me a hairbrush. He said it was 'ionic' and would make my hair grow faster. About a month later we were in an argument and guess what the first object closest to my hand was?!? Needless to say, the brush didn't last much longer than the boyfriend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users