Bed, Bath and Beyond registry question

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

I was looking at my friend's registry a few months ago and there was a bag of peanuts on it (that she obviously didn't ask for!). I guess when the person was checking out, they were buying peanuts for themselves and a gift for her, so they both got scanned onto her registry...lol!

#12 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:34 AM

Thanks ladies, FH is going to be pretty busy next week returning stuff!

So many showers this weekend!
      Have fun, mine is Sunday.

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

My shower is Saturday! I totally peeked at my registry but don't recall seeing anything odd...

Oh well, I'll just have to check again!

#14 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lizz
          I was looking at my friend's registry a few months ago and there was a bag of peanuts on it (that she obviously didn't ask for!). I guess when the person was checking out, they were buying peanuts for themselves and a gift for her, so they both got scanned onto her registry...lol!
          LOL...I used to work for BBB's call center and we use to get brides asking us that all the time..."why does it say I registered for gum?"...but your absolutely right, the registry is scanned and the gifts are scanned plus any additional items that person may have bought for themselves, like peanuts! :)

#15 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

At least you get cold hard cash back when you return things to BB&B!
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#16 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
            • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

Wow you ladies have really eased my mind. Hopefully one of my friends is making a lot of bread at home and not giving me the pans.
              So glad I asked you all.

Good to hear about the gift receipt thing--saves some stress. Now I just love BBB even more :)

#17 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
              • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

Yeah BBB is great and the return policy is one of the best out there!! I should be going there soon to register.

#18 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

my mil thought that she knew what i wanted even though i didn't register for it....so i had lots of stuff added to my registry too.

i love that bbb gives back cash...the bad thing about returns is that no matter which bbb i go to for these returns, there is always a huge problem with something. last week, i brought back pillowcases that had been sent to my house and apparently still had security tags on them - i didn't even open the box b/c i knew what it was and had already received 4 sets (another bbb flaw). the ppl behind the counter told me that there was no way to return them b/c they had already been returned to another store....um, well, then how the hell did i get them??

#19 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lauren c.
                    my mil thought that she knew what i wanted even though i didn't register for it....so i had lots of stuff added to my registry too.

i love that bbb gives back cash...the bad thing about returns is that no matter which bbb i go to for these returns, there is always a huge problem with something. last week, i brought back pillowcases that had been sent to my house and apparently still had security tags on them - i didn't even open the box b/c i knew what it was and had already received 4 sets (another bbb flaw). the ppl behind the counter told me that there was no way to return them b/c they had already been returned to another store....um, well, then how the hell did i get them??
                    LOL...wow! I should call my ex-manager and ask her what the heck is going on in the warehouse....we used to get angry calls where customer's ordered a kitchen aid mixer and rcvd something like pillows, it was crazy!! But thats BBB's fault, they tend to hire people who cant read english...all they know is a "BIN LOCATION", so they go there, pick the item (whether it matches the order or not) and sends it to shipping. Its supposed to go through an inspector to make sure the item matches up to the order but sometimes that didnt happen...Crazy. so what did they do with your pillows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users