Photo

Bed, Bath and Beyond registry question

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:30 AM

So I was checking out my registry at Bed, Bath, and beyond and noticed something odd. There are things that have been purchased that I never registered for! It will list the item, lets say a blender...it will say the item, how many I asked for and how many I received. It says I asked for zero yet received one? Isn't that strange? There are a few things on there I never registered for yet they say they were purchased.

So it bugs me that much that I did a screen capture. Am I nuts?
    So the very first number is the amount requested, the second is the amount received. So it says we registered for zero loaf pans and got 2, registered for 1 toaster oven set- got 1, and registered for a broiler rack and got none.

Click the image to open in full size.

I am hoping it just means that someone purchased some stuff for us and themselves and it all ended up being posted on ours. This isn't the only thing that has randomly shown up.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:33 AM

How wierd!! Maybe they got your registry, then thought you would like that so they bought it for you instead?? Either way that is strange - maybe you should call them and ask for sure.

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:35 AM

Yeah if I hadn't noticed it at 11:00pm I would have called right away :)
        I feel like I am cheating looking at my registry before my shower.
        So glad someone else see's what I am confused about :)

#4 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:36 AM

LOL I would peek too! I'm sure you will figure it out if you call them - until then hopefully you feel like making a loaf of banan bread or something LOL!

#5 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
          • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Betsy
            LOL I would peek too! I'm sure you will figure it out if you call them - until then hopefully you feel like making a loaf of banan bread or something LOL!
            SO funny! I don't even really cook! See--I asked for new pans for our toaster oven because that is really the most used appliance. I really would have no use for the pans. I told FH it would be his job to return anything we didn't want. I sit and chit chat with 20+ women for 4 hours--he can do the returns!

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

That happened to me too. It means that someone bought you stuff that you didn't register for (but they are for you!).

#7 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

That's funny! Same thing happened to a friend of mine - she got a few items she didn't register for show up on her registry?!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

My mom bought something for someone off their registry at Macy's the other day and they scanned the registry anyway. I think it will jsut add it, since someone bought it for you, and then you ahve the protection to return it w/o receipt since it's a gift. But I could totally be pulling that outta my ass.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hey, thanks by the way! I was supposed to not be checking my registry anymore, since my shower is next weekend, but now I have to! Hahhahaaa

#10 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
                    • 433 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, I think that someone bought you something that you didn't register for (b/c they know better as to what you want, ha ha). Seriously, they probably think if you don't like it, you could exchange it for something else. And darn it - my shower is this weekend and now I'm going to peek, too! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users