Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieMN View Post
Yeah the spacing is odd-sorry gonna be honest here. I wonder why they did it that way.
Could you add some sparkle to them to make them "pop" ?
Maybe a few sparkly beads or something?

Unique embellishments for wedding invitations

If I were you I would just look at what I could do to make them better. One option would be to replace the invite part and use the rest. The invite is the first thing people see and if it bugs you--try jazzing it up. ok now I am rambling. I am very willing to help you out, if you want to scan the invite and send it to me I can mock up some stuff for you.
This is a great idea. Then if you did not jazz them all up and wanted to have an "A list" and "B list" as someone else suggested, you could send the originals to the B listers.lol I think the look great though and are much better than any other invitation I have recieved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree! They look good...just the spacing is a little odd (and I'd use a different font). Redoing the main invitation page sounds like a great (and not super expensive option).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just PMd you again- I'd definitely do something similar to what Morgan suggested, but I'd eliminate the shadows under the text since the other pages don't have that- it will look more cohesive that way... I'll try to work on something for you later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I just PMd you again- I'd definitely do something similar to what Morgan suggested, but I'd eliminate the shadows under the text since the other pages don't have that- it will look more cohesive that way... I'll try to work on something for you later.
good idea, didn't think about the other pages. I can't way to see what you come up with. It's going to look so good! I really think a fancy main page is all you need to make this invites spectacular. They really are great how they are. This one change will make them perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree Morgan- I think they're already great how they are, just need a little fixing on the main page. I love what you came up with- just an FYI tip for you: be sparing with text shadows... they look muddy when they print. Your design looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I totally agree Morgan- I think they're already great how they are, just need a little fixing on the main page. I love what you came up with- just an FYI tip for you: be sparing with text shadows... they look muddy when they print. Your design looks great!
Thanks for the tip! I've never printed them. I'm glad you told me that though because I'm sure I'd eventually put them on a photobook or something. All my designs so far have been for the web. I actually started to take them off, but then I decided I should just post it ASAP.

I haven't learned how to do something that applies to everything. I would have to click each text box. Is there a way to change it all at once? I'm always wanting to change the color of all my frames at once, but I end up doing them individually. There must be a select all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, I want to cry right now. You ladies are amazing! I am so happy and humbled at all the help you have given me.

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

 

My FI just read the thread and he was in awe. He loves all of you ladies too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Thanks for the tip! I've never printed them. I'm glad you told me that though because I'm sure I'd eventually put them on a photobook or something. All my designs so far have been for the web. I actually started to take them off, but then I decided I should just post it ASAP.

I haven't learned how to do something that applies to everything. I would have to click each text box. Is there a way to change it all at once? I'm always wanting to change the color of all my frames at once, but I end up doing them individually. There must be a select all.
In fotofusion, when you're in any editing box, look up at the top right and you'll see an = sign, directly left of the x to escape out of the box. The = button will duplicate whatever you're working on (text, border, etc) to all frames in the project. Just be careful because if you're in the text editing section it will change all your fonts, sizes and colors too- be sure you're in the specific section you want to change : shadow, border, color, etc. Does that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yari...I like the invitations. I do agree that the spacing is unique but I sorta liked it. I would agree with others however to just change up that main page for that "wow" effect and keep the rest of the invite as is. With all of the great ideas Ive read from the other posts, they will be looking like WOW in no time. wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×