Beach Reception

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

Is anyone having/had the reception on the beach as well as the ceremony. I have seen this done and it looks amazing. I just want to know if its too much hassle or a lot more expensive, etc. I would love to know what you guys are doing because I think this is the way we are leaning. We love the idea.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

At Las Caletas our reception is on the beach as well - the dinner part is in a terrace right on the beach, but the dance floor, bonfire, etc. will all be set up on the beach. My understanding is that this is fairly common, so hopefully it's not too much extra $$ or effort. Unfortunately Las Caletas just includes it in a package price - so I don't know what the exact cost details are.

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

That is good to know, once I finally pick a location, maybe it will be in one of their packages as well.

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

Dreams cancun has the beach as a reception option. I loved the idea, but FI made a good point, we're not having a huge group of people and it might look kind of silly on the beach with only 3 or 4 tables. So I think I'm going to go with one long table.

#5 mexico15

mexico15
          • 250 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

I have read that the set up of the dance floor is charged, and if for any reason, weather or anything makes any changes to the beach plan, they will charge you a fee to move it. But I love the idea of doing it on the beach! The beach is my favorite place in the whole wide world...I couldn't imagine anything else!!! :)

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

I love this idea! The only thing that you might want to think about, depending on your location, is the potential for those little no-seeum bugs in the sand at night...I know that is a major issue in the Caribbean.

#7 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
              • 631 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

ceremony on the beach...no reception just dinner...

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

I love shoes way too much to have the reception on the beach. We are having the ceremony on the beach - no shoes, grounded in the earth (to feed my hippie/nature lover side). Then we are having the reception on a patio (to feed my red manolo-loving/wear heels to the gym side).

#9 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
                  • 550 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
                  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

We are having both the beach ceremony & reception with the moveable dance floor. Since I also love real shoes, we are going to have a cocktail hour at the terrace. Then I also figure, we'll be running around the resort all night so I can wear shoes then. :-) My price was $500.00 to add the beach reception to the package.
                  Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
                  June 23, 2007
                  Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
                  Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#10 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RAENJAY
                    We are having both the beach ceremony & reception with the moveable dance floor. Since I also love real shoes, we are going to have a cocktail hour at the terrace. Then I also figure, we'll be running around the resort all night so I can wear shoes then. :-) My price was $500.00 to add the beach reception to the package.
                    That is a good price. If I get quoted around that amount, I will do it as well. Did they give you a back up plan, for rain or wind or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users