very cute!!!

#22 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

yay scrabble brides!! :)

we planned on playing that night after dinner. i was doing the dishes and yelled out to him to get the game all set up while i finished up. when i finished the dishes, the game was still in the box, and he was standing in the middle of the living room watching the phillies game. so of course i get all mad like, "all i asked was that you set up the game while i did the dishes and you couldn't even do that!?!?!" so all in a huff, i ripped open the game box to find the words "lisa will you marry me" spelled out on the board.

Click the image to open in full size.

i thought to myself, "haha very funny" until i realized he might actually be for real, so i whipped around and said "are you serious?!?!?" at which he got on one knee and whipped out my e-ring. i got down there and hugged him and cried (and cried and cried) and kept saying "it's so pretty" until he finally said, "um ... you still haven't said yes ..." hahaha

obviously i said yes, and the rest is history. here i am on bdw!

#23 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by megansg
        I picked and played first (aioli, hard to do better with all vowels!)
        wow! that IS good for having so many vowels! haha

#24 NYJen

NYJen
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

What a great proposal story you have. I LOVE it!!!

#25 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:37 AM

off topic but NYjen, i like the wording in your invites ... "to find out how this story continues" ... usually those types say "find out how the story ENDS" which is IMO totally inappropriate, ya know?! kudos!

#26 Yvette

Yvette
            • 510 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

what a cute way to ask!

#27 Yvette

Yvette
              • 510 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                yay scrabble brides!! :)

we planned on playing that night after dinner. i was doing the dishes and yelled out to him to get the game all set up while i finished up. when i finished the dishes, the game was still in the box, and he was standing in the middle of the living room watching the phillies game. so of course i get all mad like, "all i asked was that you set up the game while i did the dishes and you couldn't even do that!?!?!" so all in a huff, i ripped open the game box to find the words "lisa will you marry me" spelled out on the board.

Click the image to open in full size.

i thought to myself, "haha very funny" until i realized he might actually be for real, so i whipped around and said "are you serious?!?!?" at which he got on one knee and whipped out my e-ring. i got down there and hugged him and cried (and cried and cried) and kept saying "it's so pretty" until he finally said, "um ... you still haven't said yes ..." hahaha

obviously i said yes, and the rest is history. here i am on bdw!
                Aww, that is so awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users