Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

Evening everyone!

I am wanting to do a sand ceremony at my vow renewal. I know a lot of people are probably thinking, why? I want to do something that would involve my kids and I thought this would be perfect to show them that a good marriage takes committment and a lot of work and if we can do it so can they. By all of us combining the sand, I think it will bring us that much closer.

My problem is, I am trying to find a container that is pretty but not made of glass. Trying to get it to Cabo and back home I am afraid that the glass ones will break. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am open to anything.

#2 monicabrandon2008

• 794 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:42 PM

If you decide to still use glass you could wrap it in bubble wrap to protect it.

#3 Yari

• VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

My friend had her WC provide the pretty container. Then she just put the sand in a plastic baggie and put it into a newly purchased container when she got back home. It is now in her bathroom.

#4 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info. I may go with having the WC get me a container and then just bring the sand home.

#5 majnooni

• 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

Has anyone had any problems bringing the sand back into the country because of Dept. of Agriculture at immigration?

#6 Mel

• 141 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'm not married yet so I don't know about the customs part, but I the set I bought was glass and you could throw it around and it wouldn't break with the packaging it came in. You would just have to make sure that it is a carry on and not a packed item.
              Click the image to open in full size.

#7 cantwaittobemrs

• 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hobby Lobby has some plastic ones... but they aren't quite as see-through as the glass if that makes any sense. But worth looking into.

#8 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

Mel that is the set that I have been keeping my eye on. I really like that but was afraid it would break either by the time we got to Cabo or by the time we got back home.

Can't wait: I will check Hobby Lobby. Do you know what section it would be in at Hobby Lobby?

#9 crawford2B

• 244 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

I got my sand ceremony containers at Hobby Lobby. I also made my own flowers from there. i love that place. They are all glass. i just wraped them in paper and had them on my carry on. We were in Ocho Rios jamaica and on the way home I had it in my bidg purse carry on. i had a cork in it so the sand wouldn't come out and wraped in paper and a plastiv bag. it went thru the x-ray thing and they asked me what it was. i told them sand because we just got married. They didn't ask anything else. My husband has an 11 year old. This was a excellent way to involve him into our ceremony. Here are some pics of our wedding. There are sand cereomny pics in one of them. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

Slideshow of Wedding 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Slideshow of wedding 2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#10 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Those are beautiful photos! Love the colors and how the white just popped. Thanks for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users