Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jajajaja

Bridesmaids!! Good grief!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa View Post
What's so hard about this situation?? You asked if they wanted to be in your wedding. They said yes. Now they have to do what you say. DUH!!! What is wrong w/people??
Um, hello? THANK YOU. Couldn't say it better.
If they wanted to do it their way, they should have said "no I'd rather just be a guest". Jerks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
ha paula, thats why my FSIL is flying to houston from mx city in a few weeks to actually try on her BM dress, because we didnt want that happening to her.

but good anecdote for rachel, hope that makes her feel a little better about her bridesmaidzilla
Good call. The place where we got the BM dresses only keeps one size in stock. Since she was preggers, it wouldn't have worked anyway. His sister was also pregnant when we ordered, but she was having her 3rd child and had a better idea of what size she would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Thanks Paula. I guess it's always nice to keep in perspective the importance of a wedding. To share the love you have for FI with everyone you love.

However, your BM sounds more considerate than mine. SHe's bitched about the dress from day one. This is the 2nd dress too. The first one she didn't like (I wasn't too fond of it either) so I bought a second one. Now this one is too long. It's like a never ending pain in my ass. Oh well- the day of the wedding I won't even think about it. BUT there will be no pins in the dress.
Oh my... okay, attitude check on her ... did she forget you are the bride?
Here's to hoping she doesn't even try! cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
However, your BM sounds more considerate than mine. SHe's bitched about the dress from day one. This is the 2nd dress too.
OK also to add my story, at least your BM has a dress. My Matron of Honor (my best friend since 7th grade) has known for 3 months that I have a coupon to save her $20 off her dress but it has to be used by like April 9 or something soon. She wanted to lose weight first (and she has done pretty good) before ordering it, I brought it up again about a month ago to remind her and she said she would order it soon. She hasn't even gone in to try it on. I was thinking that this week I would more forcefully bring it up, but before I could I get a call from her telling me her grandpa passed away this weekend. Now of course I don't want to call her and bug her about it, it's probably the last thing she wants to think about right now. I feel like a total loser even being worried about her dress right now with what she is dealing with, but I can't help it. So again, at least your BM has a dress. sad.gif
Hopefully that helps :)
Also like you said, it's most important to share the love you 2 have with everyone and not what they wear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BMs can suck when it comes to dresses! You paid for it too? Oh no! It won't matter in the end so let it go if you can...does anyone sew? Maybe someone can give her a quick hem job...or you can always ask her to sit this one out..haha Good luck and don't stress, you've been very calm so far so try to hang on to that cool....but I know it's hard :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Nordstroms. They were only $55 then.
They are gorgeous! Good Find. Now with regard to the BM, you are not at all being a bridezilla. It is your one f**king wow.gif request!!!

Dont let it get you crazy. Your wedding is going to be amazing and I bet if she tries to pin anything she will give up because that will be a pita and probably not work.

Don't worry Rachel. You are still "chill"!cheer2.gif

I realize I am lucky because my dear fiance has already announced that anyone who upsets me during the pre wedding is no longer invited, and if someone upsets me at the wedding I think he is going to make them sit in some type of homemade jail until the end of the night! He doesnt care if its my mother!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so i don't mean to laugh but i have too! I don't think you are beign unreasonable! silly BM! Why do they think they have to look soooo good! the day should be about you.. I know i have worn some things taht I hated but you do it ! thats your job! not that my bridesmaids have been any eaiser on me.. lol...

 

 

so i feel for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry this is happening to you Rachel. That just stinks!

 

WTF is her problem, ugh! I don't get how they think the wedding is about them, it's about YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Maybe someone can give her a quick hem job...
This is one of the many reasons why I love Jamy so much! And yet another demonstration of my dirty mind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hem job? bahahaha.

 

Thanks for the rant ladies. All in all, I guess I'm just not going to care- I just can't believe this is even an issue I have to deal with. Who on earth suggests pining a dress hem for a wedding!

 

With that in mind, when you see my pictures please know I don't have bad taste. I didn't choose for the dress to look like that. Blasted BMs. I just can't wait to be an evil one in return!

 

Also, I'm not super upset over it. I'm more amused than anything I suppose. I just don't want all this bottled up stress blow up the day of the wedding over some "hem job." At least I know some fabulous forum members could photoshop a few pictures for me. hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×