Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

Vows for religous ceremony @ ROR???

For previous or future ROR brides, if you selected the religous ceremony, do you have a chance to recite your own written vows, or did you just have to repeat what the minister said. I am having a religious ceremony, but i would like to recite my own vows. Anybody know?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_ocr View Post
For previous or future ROR brides, if you selected the religous ceremony, do you have a chance to recite your own written vows, or did you just have to repeat what the minister said. I am having a religious ceremony, but i would like to recite my own vows. Anybody know?

Thanks!
We did the religous ceremony and used their vowes. I did give them vowes for the sand ceremony. The minister did a great job reading. im sure you could bring your own if you want.

thanks crawford!! I just saw your pictures and everything looked sooo lovely!! Of course, you know I left you some questions (in the other thread) ...lol

Anyhow, for the religious ceremony, does the minister read scriptures from the bible and if so, do you know which one? Or do we tell him which one to refer to? Thanks!!

He didn't read scriptures. It was pretty basic. Im sure you could tell him to do what ever you want him to. Well you would tell Chandlyn. I would ask her now. Everything there is NO PROBLEM!! HA! We gave him our sand ceremony vowes. i found them online. If anyone needs them let me know i will email them to you. A sand ceremony takes the place of the unity candle. You unite your sand together into one. I didn't know either until I read it somewhere on this site. i got everything together at the last minute. it was worth it because now I have it at home to remember. We used our colored sand and filled the rest with the sand from the beach. He has a son and it was a great way to include him. i am trying to get my Fi to post our wededing video on You Tube. I don't know how to do that. i will let you know if he gets it. That may help you out with some of your questions.

I believe these (attached) are the vows for the civil ceremony. I'm not sure if Chandlyn emailed these to me a long time ago or if I got them off of BDW! LOL!

Anyhooo, I think every Minister puts their own spin on these, because ours weren't exactly like this, and there was much more to the ceremony than this as well.

BUT, I am certain Chandlyn/the minister will allow you to customize your vows in whatever way you like. Just let her know at the meeting! No problem mon!

Wedding Vows.doc