Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7851 msglave

msglave
  • 933 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Debbie! I can't wait to see what the proshots look like!

Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie 

Congratulations msglave... the pictures are beautiful. Funny how everything seems to work out in the end... glad your make up mishap turned out for the best:) Can't wait to read your review and see more pics!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by msglave 

Here's a couple of shots ladies:

Thanks Wendy, I plan to have my reception in front of the gazebo but I know the Pelicanos has a larger beach area so it's hard to choose. I'm sure they are both great:) It's difficult to decide when you can't be there, really appreciate your feedback.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TA Wendy 

TA Wendy here...

I was at the Royal in early December and observed a number of weddings including some "Faux" ones that the resort put on just to give us Travel Agents an idea of what they could do! Very cool, especially the Mayan Ceremony.. that was just really great!

As to the question about privacy on the beach.. if your reception is in front of Pelicanos you are right next to the pier, and people can walk out on it and will be able to see the festivities, but they do seem to keep a respectful distance, and I did not notice any issues with interlopers causing troubles.

If the wedding is on the beach in front of the Gazebo, it is a little public, and people will watch the wedding, but I saw people being respectful of the brides and grooms and guests, and did not notice any rudeness or people horning in...

Love the Royal! It is a great choice for anyone considering their location!

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

I am going to try this again lol

Posted Image

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#7852 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
    • 712 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:34 AM

I had my reception in front of the gazebo on the beach, but they didn't set up until during the cocktail reception, so it worked out beautifully. 

#7853 Jenny310

Jenny310
      • 245 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I hope everyone's holidays are going great! I have my church ceremony here next Saturday so I've been busy with that. I'm halfway done with my review so hopefully I'll have it up soon.

I wanted to share some good news, I got my pro pictures last week and they are now posted on his blog. I must say that Victor Herrera is amazing and I am soo happy to have hired him. He is super sweet and extremely artistic. If you are looking for a wedding photograher I encourage you to check him out.

so here's the link to his blog (we are the post for Dec 30th):

http://www.victorherrera.com.mx/blog/

and he has more pics on facebook.

http://www.facebook....id=101847417414

If you want to request me on fb I have a ton of pics on there from the wedding and vacation.

Hope you like them! Once I get the video trailer I'll post the link for that too. We used Steve Cantrall for video and they were also amazing to work with!

#7854 JoZee84

JoZee84
        • 157 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

I have a question, to bypass the outside vendor fee with the make up artist and the hair stylist, why can't you just get them a day pass? Would that work? Instead of coming through the wedding enterance why not come through like the rest of the people with day passes?

#7855 kshows03

kshows03
          • 78 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

According to my wedding coordinator you don't need to pay an outside vendor fee for make up or hair....can anyone else confirm this?

The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

#7856 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
            • 277 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by kshows03 

According to my wedding coordinator you don't need to pay an outside vendor fee for make up or hair....can anyone else confirm this?

I was told I would have to pay an outside vendor fee, haha.  Ahhhhhh its crazy that we all get different answers.

Past brides how did you get away with not paying it????  heeeelllllpppppp :)

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#7857 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

Jenny your pics are great and you looked beautiful.  Everyone looked like they were having a great time!

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#7858 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                • 677 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

WOW Jenny! Your wedding was beautiful!! you looked flawless! i seriosuly got chills and almost cried!! amaizing!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I hope everyone's holidays are going great! I have my church ceremony here next Saturday so I've been busy with that. I'm halfway done with my review so hopefully I'll have it up soon.

I wanted to share some good news, I got my pro pictures last week and they are now posted on his blog. I must say that Victor Herrera is amazing and I am soo happy to have hired him. He is super sweet and extremely artistic. If you are looking for a wedding photograher I encourage you to check him out.

so here's the link to his blog (we are the post for Dec 30th):

http://www.victorherrera.com.mx/blog/

and he has more pics on facebook.

http://www.facebook....id=101847417414

If you want to request me on fb I have a ton of pics on there from the wedding and vacation.

Hope you like them! Once I get the video trailer I'll post the link for that too. We used Steve Cantrall for video and they were also amazing to work with!

#7859 MyPaperProposal

MyPaperProposal
                  • 23 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

I believe that you don't have to pay an outside vendor fee as long as your makeup and hair team is there for only 3 hours or less. - Sarah 2.5.11 - The Royal PDC  

#7860 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                    • 712 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Jenny,

You looked absolutely gorgeous and your photographer did a fantastic job!

I used Fernando and his assistant for hair and makeup and I was not charged. He said "they know me here" and they were able to just come through wedding center and to my room with no issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users