Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4551 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kerrimark2010
    Hi Nikki,

I haven't booked a photographer yet either (looking to do that in the next week), but the final 3 in the running are Cecilia Dumas, Samuel Luna, and Nathan Cordova. They all have very different styles, but their prices are pretty reasonable. Hope that helps!

Thanks Kerri! I wish I wouldn't have waited so long! I love Samuel Luna, so I'm hoping he is still available! :)
    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#4552 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
    • 712 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
      OK, here you Royal Guys and Gals go..
      http://bestdestinati....1/#post1283531

Took me about 2+ hrs to write Should be a HUGE help planning wise!

saludos,
      mateo
      Matt, it was me who messaged you about this. HOLY MOLY you went above and beyond- thanks a bunch!!!

#4553 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
        Matt, it was me who messaged you about this. HOLY MOLY you went above and beyond- thanks a bunch!!!
        Hey Lisa...

I tend to get pretty passionate about stuff and shooting in the Royal Gazebo has been a Royal PIA :) jk.... there are circumstances that can block our creative path a little.

happy to "shed light" on this subject.

One of the things we concentrate on is helping our clients fine tune or align expectations. Planning virtually is very tough, therefor its our duty to provide as much info as possible in order to keep everything on the right track. In Mexico, its so easy to go uninformed about everything. Most hotels aren't going to provide this kind of info, so we are happy to!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RunningBride24
        Hey girls-

So I waited too long and the photographer I wanted is booked. I'm not looking to spend THAT much money, so Del Sol (who I adore) is out.

Nikki
        Thanks for those nice words
        We are working with a few photographers right now, very very experienced careers shooting weddings, I just don't have a full folio. We are targeting a lower price point for gals like U :) Purrrhaps we can werk out sumetin :)

What is your budget? You should email us for more info :) info@delsolphotography. com

saludos chicas!
        mateo

#4554 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
        • 539 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
          Hey Lisa...

I tend to get pretty passionate about stuff and shooting in the Royal Gazebo has been a Royal PIA :) jk.... there are circumstances that can block our creative path a little.

happy to "shed light" on this subject.

One of the things we concentrate on is helping our clients fine tune or align expectations. Planning virtually is very tough, therefor its our duty to provide as much info as possible in order to keep everything on the right track. In Mexico, its so easy to go uninformed about everything. Most hotels aren't going to provide this kind of info, so we are happy to!

Thanks for those nice words
          We are working with a few photographers right now, very very experienced careers shooting weddings, I just don't have a full folio. We are targeting a lower price point for gals like U :) Purrrhaps we can werk out sumetin :)

What is your budget? You should email us for more info :) info@delsolphotography. com

saludos chicas!
          mateo

Thanks Matt! I absolutely love your work, and if $$ wasn't an issue I would have you booked by now! I'll send you an email and see what we can do! I appreciate how much you put into your work! :)
          ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#4555 LynnieS

LynnieS
          • 319 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Yay!! Happy Legal Day to me and the FI!!! Five Days til we leave!!

For those of you looking for photogs, Mike Cantarell and his team have been wonderful to work with and come highly recommended on BDW esp for their videography, reasonable prices as well!
            yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#4556 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks, Matt for posting the thread!

#4557 dianep

dianep
              • 532 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LynnieS

For those of you looking for photogs, Mike Cantarell and his team have been wonderful to work with and come highly recommended on BDW esp for their videography, reasonable prices as well!
                yay, happy legal day!
                (and sorry the forcast for the 14th changed - lots of time for it to decide to change back!)
                http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#4558 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                • 712 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LynnieS
                  Woot!!!

#4559 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
                  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Wow Matt...fantastic advice! thank you! I didn't even think about set up, how sad is that! I wonder what else I am forgetting to think about!

It's 5 days before I leave and I've managed to squeeze in 2 more people to the wedding party. They booked their flights/hotel. That is not what I needed only 5 days before I leave, but it all worked out!

To all you ladies out there planning for 2011...be prepared it FLIES by!!! I was amazed at how fast it all came. My best advice is to try your hardest to stay calm. I know there are going to be things that frustrate you and you can't get answers for (welcome to the 2010 nightmare), but don't panic. You have time to sort those out. I feel like I am going into the Royal completely blind. There are things that I have no idea about, but I figure once I get there I will just know. It is hard to imagine something you have never seen before.

I promise to post lots of pictures and a very detailed review. One thing I kind of wish someone posted on here with their review, but I never saw was exactly what the wedding coordinator gives you options on. When I sit in front of Zulma and make all those difficult decisions I will keep a notebook handy so that I can make a list. Maybe that will help ease the planning stages a bit. If there is anything else you want to know tell me now or forever hold your peace..ha!

#4560 dianep

dianep
                    • 532 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                      Wow Matt...fantastic advice! thank you! I didn't even think about set up, how sad is that! I wonder what else I am forgetting to think about!

It's 5 days before I leave and I've managed to squeeze in 2 more people to the wedding party. They booked their flights/hotel. That is not what I needed only 5 days before I leave, but it all worked out!

To all you ladies out there planning for 2011...be prepared it FLIES by!!! I was amazed at how fast it all came. My best advice is to try your hardest to stay calm. I know there are going to be things that frustrate you and you can't get answers for (welcome to the 2010 nightmare), but don't panic. You have time to sort those out. I feel like I am going into the Royal completely blind. There are things that I have no idea about, but I figure once I get there I will just know. It is hard to imagine something you have never seen before.

I promise to post lots of pictures and a very detailed review. One thing I kind of wish someone posted on here with their review, but I never saw was exactly what the wedding coordinator gives you options on. When I sit in front of Zulma and make all those difficult decisions I will keep a notebook handy so that I can make a list. Maybe that will help ease the planning stages a bit. If there is anything else you want to know tell me now or forever hold your peace..ha!
                      dear date twin :)

one thing that keeps me sane is knowing that there have been brides that have shown up to the resorts with nearly nothing planned. and if THEY can end up with a gorgeous wedding, i most certainly can too!

i'm at the gran porto at 6:00 - what time is your ceremony?
                      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users