Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#431 violetmal

violetmal
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

Hey Shay - as far as payments go, it is broken down into three deposits. We are getting married July 4, our first deposit of 25% is due November 2, the second deposit of 25% is due May 4, and the rest is to be paid June 4. I'm assuming there will be a final bill after the wedding to take care of any additional costs that may come up.

Also, I don't think it's necessary to tip the WC.

#432 violetmal

violetmal
    • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

Oh and for the payment method; Patty sent us a contract (which outlines your confirmed services, as well as the payment details) and a credit card authorization form. We will fill out a separate credit card authorization form for each payment.

#433 Shay2679

Shay2679
      • 493 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by violetmal
        Oh and for the payment method; Patty sent us a contract (which outlines your confirmed services, as well as the payment details) and a credit card authorization form. We will fill out a separate credit card authorization form for each payment.
        Thank you! This helps immensely.

I was only told I'd be paying in two installments, and since we're nearly six months away from the wedding, I imagine it will be soon that the first payment is expected. Can't wait!

#434 athena

athena
        • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

I'm getting a little worried. I wasn't sent any payment/ credit card authorization form. And I sent an email to Micaela 3 weeks ago and no response. I sent another email today, asking her to email back if everything is still good for our wedding. Yikes!! I'm really shocked that you've gotten payment contracts sent to you!!
          Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
          http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
          http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#435 Roahrig

Roahrig
          • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

They have not mentioned anything to me about payment. I was not aware that we had to pay installments. You all are such a help. I would not know half of the things I do if it were not for all of you on this thread.

Thank You, Thank You!!
            Photo taken by Sascha Gluck of Sascha Gluck Photography - www.cancunphotos.net

#436 violetmal

violetmal
            • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

I've been working with Patty Hernandez and she's been great. I usually get a response within the same day. Her email is phernandez@realresorts.com

Hope that helps!!

#437 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
              • 266 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:15 AM

Doesn't it seem like every couple's wedding is handled differently? You'd think something like PAYMENT would have a definite system, but it just doesn't seem to be the case. Just reading the last dozen posts or so, it's like everyone has a different situation. I think it might have been Sarah that had mentioned they settled everything after the wedding. I wonder if part of it is the number of guests you're planning for. Or, who knows, maybe it's all completely random! Nothing seems set in stone in dealing with a DW! I still don't think it's anything to worry about. As long as you can fork the money over at the time of the wedding, I'm sure it'll all be fine. This DW planning has been such an eye opener for me!

#438 Shay2679

Shay2679
                • 493 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie
                  Doesn't it seem like every couple's wedding is handled differently? You'd think something like PAYMENT would have a definite system, but it just doesn't seem to be the case. Just reading the last dozen posts or so, it's like everyone has a different situation. I think it might have been Sarah that had mentioned they settled everything after the wedding. I wonder if part of it is the number of guests you're planning for. Or, who knows, maybe it's all completely random! Nothing seems set in stone in dealing with a DW! I still don't think it's anything to worry about. As long as you can fork the money over at the time of the wedding, I'm sure it'll all be fine. This DW planning has been such an eye opener for me!
                  No kidding hey! Something as...important...as money/payment, you'd think would be like a set thing?! But...nope! Gotta love it really. From what I've heard, they are all basically in the same workarea, and yet...nobody really communicates things to one another, they all just have their own clients and away they go. It works for them, so hey...who am I to grumble! I just have no idea how they can work...without like a ... crosscheck list...and a big one! I'm SO Type A its hilarious!

Ultimately...if I have until May to keep my money...I think I can handle it!

I would be really interested if Sarah, or one of the other recent brides, could offer their experience on this...just to see. I'm prepared, financially, for a request for the money tomorrow...but its kinda nice to think that I may not have to worry about it (or see my balance drop!) for a few more months!

#439 Geminie

Geminie
                  • 51 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

ummm should I be worried? lol we're leaving on saturday, and I've heard no mention of payments, Zulma just said we'll take care of it once we get there... :)
                    "I have known you all my life
                    In fact I knew you long before
                    A hundred years or so of you
                    And all I want from you is more
                    Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
                    "My new photography site:htt...

#440 Geminie

Geminie
                    • 51 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

Quick question... what song are you brides planning on walking down the aisle to? I was thinking "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore... because my fiancee likes to sing to me, and she sings about that.. and I just think the song is so sweet :)
                      "I have known you all my life
                      In fact I knew you long before
                      A hundred years or so of you
                      And all I want from you is more
                      Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
                      "My new photography site:htt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users