Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3351 aerazo

aerazo
  • Newbie
  • 109 posts

    Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

    Fellow brides getting married in April -

    Does anyone know if its humid in PLaya in April? or has anyone been there at that time of the year ?

    I want to wear my hair down on my wedding day more than anything, but i have curly hair and if its humid, i will have a big fro! =(

    Thanks!
    Adriana
    Adriana
    Royal Playa del Carmen
    April 23, 2010

    #3352 Lady_Di

    Lady_Di
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,078 posts

      Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by aerazo
      Fellow brides getting married in April -

      Does anyone know if its humid in PLaya in April? or has anyone been there at that time of the year ?

      I want to wear my hair down on my wedding day more than anything, but i have curly hair and if its humid, i will have a big fro! =(

      Thanks!
      Adriana
      most likely, it will be humid...

      #3353 bridetobe1515

      bridetobe1515
      • Jr. Member
      • 233 posts

        Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Daily2011
        You all rock! Thank you so much for the information. It is all becoming clearer now. When do you have to select the package? I mean I won't know if I have the free + a la carte option until much later. And once you select the package can you change your choice?

        Also, several of you have said you are very frustrated with the pre-planning service. As I am just beginning to make this choice, would you change if you could? Is it that bad? Everyone has loved their wedding, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous entering into it with those complaints out there. I do have to say that we are not looking for micro control over things. As a matter of fact I am planning a DW because I don't want to plan it all.
        It sounds like you are a lot like me. I had the same attitude about not wanting to plan one. The truth is you actually invest more time than usual in a DW. The responses back are usually unclear so it can be frustrating. I just stuck it out and planned everything myself, not relying on the resort at all. So it did cause more work for me than normal. I wouldn't take it back though! I know once I'm overlooking the beach while sayiing "I Do" it will be the right decision. You just have to take the leap and deal with it until it's that time. No worries, it will be great!

        #3354 bridetobe1515

        bridetobe1515
        • Jr. Member
        • 233 posts

          Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by aerazo
          Fellow brides getting married in April -

          Does anyone know if its humid in PLaya in April? or has anyone been there at that time of the year ?

          I want to wear my hair down on my wedding day more than anything, but i have curly hair and if its humid, i will have a big fro! =(

          Thanks!
          Adriana
          I'm getting married in mid May and the WC said that it gets very humid. Plus some of my guests have stressed that I shouldn't wear my hair down since they have been there around this time.
          You ladies are going to laugh at me, but I decided to get this for my mom, the FMI and the bridesmaids. They are called Cleavage Coolers. I got it for my mom for xmas since she has hot flashes as a joke, and she uses it all the time in the summer now!!! Too funny!
          Cleavage Coolers

          There are other sites out there that carry different colored ones too if you do a google search. I love it!

          #3355 Daily2011

          Daily2011
          • Newbie
          • 123 posts

            Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

            Bridetobe1515: I really don't care about many of the details. Everyone keeps asking me about colors, etc and I don't care. I have one BM/MOH, my BF. I don't care what she wears. I keep telling her to just pick something that she will wear again and she looks good in. She keeps asking if this cut or color is ok...I DON'T CARE. I don't care about flowers or cake or what's for dinner. I just want to get married to Jeff and have a great time celebrating it with our friends and family. That is why I am doing a DW. Limit the choices and let someone else do all the work. At the end of the day, I will be married to the man I love and that is what matters.

            Christa.

            #3356 JuliaR

            JuliaR
            • Newbie
            • 46 posts

              Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

              Hi Guys,
              New here. Getting married May 13, 2010 at the Gran Porto Real. I too went with the "Free" wedding package (we're staying 5 nights in a suite) and then upgrading everything from there. I originally started with the Eternal Romance package and quickly realized I didn't need what was in the package and it's cheaper for us to just add on a la carte.

              We have about 20 guests. Private reception, Gazebo wedding at 4 pm. Very excited to finally have a plan nailed down! Suzanna has been working with me just since the end of Feb when I started the DW planning process. She has been pretty good about responding, especially if I call her and stay on top of it. She's been very nice---a little scattered at times, but kind. My feeling is that those girls (US based WC's) are completely overloaded with brides. I have found being kind, patient and understanding with them gets you a loooong way. Calling them is also the best way to get a quick response if you really need it.

              My bet is they are way understaffed because I just can't see Real Resorts condoning slow response time unless it was an issue they can't financially control right now (economic climate). I actually feel a little sorry for the US based WC's. Can you IMAGINE the sheer number of brides they are working with right now? For ALL the Real Resorts??
              Phew!

              #3357 bridetobe1515

              bridetobe1515
              • Jr. Member
              • 233 posts

                Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Daily2011
                Bridetobe1515: I really don't care about many of the details. Everyone keeps asking me about colors, etc and I don't care. I have one BM/MOH, my BF. I don't care what she wears. I keep telling her to just pick something that she will wear again and she looks good in. She keeps asking if this cut or color is ok...I DON'T CARE. I don't care about flowers or cake or what's for dinner. I just want to get married to Jeff and have a great time celebrating it with our friends and family. That is why I am doing a DW. Limit the choices and let someone else do all the work. At the end of the day, I will be married to the man I love and that is what matters.

                Christa.
                That is great!!! I was the same way. If you keep it simple then you will have a fantastic time! You don't have to sweat the small stuff!

                #3358 Lisa DSO

                Lisa DSO
                • Member
                • 712 posts

                  Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                  I'm getting married in mid May and the WC said that it gets very humid. Plus some of my guests have stressed that I shouldn't wear my hair down since they have been there around this time.
                  You ladies are going to laugh at me, but I decided to get this for my mom, the FMI and the bridesmaids. They are called Cleavage Coolers. I got it for my mom for xmas since she has hot flashes as a joke, and she uses it all the time in the summer now!!! Too funny!
                  Cleavage Coolers

                  There are other sites out there that carry different colored ones too if you do a google search. I love it!
                  OMG i'm dying laughing...i love that your mom is wearing them , when you meant it as a joke !

                  #3359 Daily2011

                  Daily2011
                  • Newbie
                  • 123 posts

                    Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

                    Thanks BTB1515! I know how hard it is to not sweat the small stuff and get carried away. Everytime I read a post about something cool someone else has set up at their reception I keep thinking I can do that too... Eventually the budget and the KISS theory wins out but as I get closer I can totally see myself not being able to hold back. Everyone here is such a big help though.

                    Christa.

                    #3360 bridetobe1515

                    bridetobe1515
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 233 posts

                      Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Daily2011
                      Thanks BTB1515! I know how hard it is to not sweat the small stuff and get carried away. Everytime I read a post about something cool someone else has set up at their reception I keep thinking I can do that too... Eventually the budget and the KISS theory wins out but as I get closer I can totally see myself not being able to hold back. Everyone here is such a big help though.

                      Christa.
                      Not sure how long you have been on the forum, but if you go under the General Forum there is a DIY forum. Check it out. They have great templates and cheap do it yourself kits.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users