Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1991 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kriswim
    HI - I had my reception at the Gran but did tip. We tipped the bartender ( so he'd make the drinks extra strong!) & we tipped the DJ ( not sure how much) to play longer and I tipped my WC, Michelle. Basically b/c she rocked and was a true lifesaver during my whole planning process. I didn't tip my photographer or video guy. I DID NOT include any of them in the dinner either. They worked for the resort & no one ever mentioned it to me. :)
    I think this was because they were the resorts vendors, if you have outside vendors you do have to include them in your count.
    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#1992 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
      I think this was because they were the resorts vendors, if you have outside vendors you do have to include them in your count.
      Hey Steph thanks fo rates!

So if I understand correctly we have to pay the $100 fee to bring in an outside vendor on top of paying for them as a guest?
      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#1993 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
      • 5,078 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jesmcan
        Hey Steph thanks fo rates!

So if I understand correctly we have to pay the $100 fee to bring in an outside vendor on top of paying for them as a guest?
        that is right...that is why i decided to fly in a photographer and for him to stay at the Gran so that way i won't have to pay $100 fee and $60 guest for him..it is only $30 for real resorts guests.

#1994 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lady_Di
          that is right...that is why i decided to fly in a photographer and for him to stay at the Gran so that way i won't have to pay $100 fee and $60 guest for him..it is only $30 for real resorts guests.
          wow thats sucks! I don't see the point of even paying for the $100 fee if you have to pay for them as a guest. Luckily our photographer is paying the $100 fee. Still does not seem like a really good business practice. Oh well. Thank you for the info.

#1995 becks1581

becks1581
          • 477 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Lady Di,
            I'm pretty sure that I read in a post from a bride during the Swine flu madness that the resort was flexible with her changing guest count until a day or two before the wedding! When is the final balance paid? It seems like it would be after arriving in Mexico since so much of the final planning happens in the meeting with the WC.

#1996 aerazo

aerazo
            • 109 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Just curious what other brides are doing ... How many days do you guys plan to be in Mexico for your entire trip? I think i'll be there for a total of 11 days, I'm not sure if that is too much or not enough. lol. Do you plan to stay at The Royal Resort for your honeymoon too or going to another resort or another location all together?
              Adriana
              Royal Playa del Carmen
              April 23, 2010

#1997 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by becks1581
                Lady Di,
                I'm pretty sure that I read in a post from a bride during the Swine flu madness that the resort was flexible with her changing guest count until a day or two before the wedding! When is the final balance paid? It seems like it would be after arriving in Mexico since so much of the final planning happens in the meeting with the WC.
                the final balance is paid 45 days before the wedding...that is also when kimberly said i had to turn in the final guest count. i hope that is not right because that would make things a little bit iffy! but then it will make things easier for me in terms of OOT bags and etc.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by aerazo
                Just curious what other brides are doing ... How many days do you guys plan to be in Mexico for your entire trip? I think i'll be there for a total of 11 days, I'm not sure if that is too much or not enough. lol. Do you plan to stay at The Royal Resort for your honeymoon too or going to another resort or another location all together?
                well, i will only have 5 vacation days in May so we're staying there for a week and staying at The Royal the whole time.

#1998 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
                  We are staying for 8 days and staying at The Royal the whole time.
                  We are taking our honeymoon for 10 days in Greece 6 months later after I graduate from Grad school because I can only miss a week of school.

I think 11 days sounds wonderful :)

#1999 super19

super19
                  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
                    We are staying in Mexico for 12 nights. We'll be at the Royal for 7 nights and then will be honeymooning for 5 nights at Excellence Riviera Cancun.

#2000 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                    • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

We are staying for 9 days/8 nights at The Royal and we are staying there the whole time. I wish we could stay longer or plan an additional Honey Moon!
                      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users