Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1181 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ltl_leah
    Today's the day! Found out that we are the only wedding today!
    Best of luck today, ltl_leah! Can't wait to hear all about it!

#1182 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
    • 3,347 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

Quote:

Congrats! You are almost a MRS! I'm so jealous right now! Can't wait to here how it goes and see pictures!
      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#1183 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
        OMG, some positive news this morning! Air Canada has agreed to reinstate the land portion of their packages, meaning my guests will still have their reservations.
        I'm happy to hear some things might be working out!
        ~Stephanie

#1184 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
        • 408 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
          Congratulations! I am so happy for you, I hope you have the time of your life!

#1185 Kriswim

Kriswim
          • 186 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hey Girls!
            I am back!!! Wow! What a wonderful wedding! I am working on my review today. But i just wanted to post a quick hello! Everything went SOOO well! The wedding coordinators at the Royal are WONDERFUL! I met them all. Michelle (mine) is the best though!! SHE ROCKS! Truely she is the sweetest person and always is calm and reassuring. I will miss her! My weddig went off with a hitch ( minus the 18 or so people that canceled). :-(
            It was really upsetting to hear day by day all of our friends cancel but Chris reminded me that we are here to get married and that is the most important thing. And he was right!
            Well stay tuned for my review!!!
            Shay - i hope everything goes well for you and you get to enjoy the Dominican. It will all work out!
            **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
            My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#1186 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
            • 3,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kriswim
              Hey Girls!
              I am back!!! Wow! What a wonderful wedding! I am working on my review today. But i just wanted to post a quick hello! Everything went SOOO well! The wedding coordinators at the Royal are WONDERFUL! I met them all. Michelle (mine) is the best though!! SHE ROCKS! Truely she is the sweetest person and always is calm and reassuring. I will miss her! My weddig went off with a hitch ( minus the 18 or so people that canceled). :-(
              It was really upsetting to hear day by day all of our friends cancel but Chris reminded me that we are here to get married and that is the most important thing. And he was right!
              Shay - i hope everything goes well for you and you get to enjoy the Dominican. It will all work out!
              Yay! I'm so glad you still have such a wonderful time dispite the cancellations. I can't wait to hear all about it! And of course see pictures! Who did you use for a photographer?
              ~Stephanie

#1187 shining

shining
              • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hope you can all figure out rescheduling! We had just picked Mexico, for next April 2010, when the swine flu started and I thought about everyone planning now. Good luck! If anyone has advice about the different reception locations I would love to hear options. The beach looks really nice but I think it's risky - wind blowing sand in food...?
                -Katey

#1188 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
                • 181 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kriswim
                  Hey Girls!
                  I'm so glad everything went well and you had a wonderful time despite all the stress. Can't wait to hear your review!

We've managed to keep our date despite Air Canada and Air Transat canceling everyone's reservations. We're rerouting our guests via the US; the excitement is building again!

#1189 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                  • 3,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
                    We've managed to keep our date despite Air Canada and Air Transat canceling everyone's reservations. We're rerouting our guests via the US; the excitement is building again!
                    I'm so happy for you! I know the stress must have been killing you but I so glad you were able to still work everything out! That must have been some job to pull off! Did you have any cancellations from your guests?
                    ~Stephanie

#1190 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
                    • 181 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                      I'm so happy for you! I know the stress must have been killing you but I so glad you were able to still work everything out! That must have been some job to pull off! Did you have any cancellations from your guests?
                      Thanks Stephanie! It was a little 'touch and go' for a bit and I had major concerns about my TA but in the end she pulled off a miracle. It's only costing us an extra $47 per guest + I now have to arrange for transfers from the airport to the hotel but that's no biggy.

Initially we had 4 couples cancel but this was mainly due to quarantine issues at work. As of this morning, two of those couples got the go-ahead from work that the quarantine is being lifted and they are free to go. They've already rebooked and because they had insurance on their original packages and were able to get a full refund, when they rebooked this morning they ended up with better pricing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users