Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchuchuca View Post
OMG- Did you guys get the email from Micaela that she's leaving the hotel?!?!?

"Zulma, Michelle or Lili will be contacting you in the next 24 to 48 hours." Who is Lili?!?!?!?

Now I'm worried! Make sure you've kept all of your correspondance from Micala, guys!

By the way, I LOVE your diagram, Shay! The little bride and groom are TOO cute!
I am in the process of printing every piece of correspondence I can find...and then highlighting things specific to our conversations. I hope she was a good record keeper too!

I'm a little stressed about it...but I'm sure the other WCs are just as competant...It's too bad though...I really liked Micaela!

haha...I'm glad you girls got a kick out of my diagram...I wonder if she left that on my file!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena View Post
Our wedding was 32 people, and we were given 6 blocks (2x3). I have to admit it wasn't big enough for all of us, but (luckily) not everyone was into dancing.
Hi Athena do u know if you can bet more than 6 blocks? I need A LOT more. A lot of my friends are professional salsa dancers and I expect us to have a few performances, which include myself and my future wife. I don't need the illuminated dance floor because we will be in the ballroom. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Good news of the day is I finally got verbal and written confirmation that January 19, 2010 is booked at both the Chapel Nuestra Senora Del Carmen for the ceremony and Royal Playa Del Carmen for the reception.

Zulma also gave me the prices for the reception today. For buffet it looks like $40-$48 for RPDC guests and $60-$68 for non guests. Children under 6 are free and over 6 are $15-$20. Cocktails are $25 per guest and $45 for non guests.

I am gonna put a downpayment on my videographer now.

My big dilemma now is booking the flights and hotel. I am getting crappy rates.

Congrats dude, on finally get some affirmations!

I still haven't heard from a "new" WC, but...hopefully next week whoever is taking my file gets a hold of me...I'd just like to know my affairs are in order over there!

xoxoxo

Good news Emengeeroxx!

We are in the process of booking a time with Rosa at the chapel and the reception.

Waiting to hear about an english speaking priest and also adding the legal part somehow.

My TA was successful in talking to Zulma yesterday and we have a date---WOOHOO! June 11, 2010!

Now I just have to pay the deposit. By the way, 2010 brides and groom- Zulma said I have to pay 2010 pricing on the wedding package because that pricing is already out but I can lock in on the 2009 pricing for the "extras" such as the reception because the prices for 2010 are not out so they will honor 2009. In case anyone else was curious. But your date has to be booked.

On to STD cards and getting the wedding website up and running...

Oh yeah, and waiting to hear back from photographer and getting that confirmed!

Can this place accommodate 100+ guests for the wedding? It sounds like many of you had small weddings, which I really want, but cannot have. I've looked at pictures of the hotel and it looks very nice. I'm in the early stages of planning and all the posts so far have been sooo wonderful and helpful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanmao View Post
Can this place accommodate 100+ guests for the wedding? It sounds like many of you had small weddings, which I really want, but cannot have. I've looked at pictures of the hotel and it looks very nice. I'm in the early stages of planning and all the posts so far have been sooo wonderful and helpful!!
I'm pretty sure Antonia's wedding had a LOT of guests. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t20293
I just re-read it, and she had close to 100 guests fly in for it...so...yes, they can accomodate it! cheesy.gif

Good luck on your continued planning.