Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

 

 

I'm getting married on the 12th! I will still be there when you have your wedding though cheesy.gif

 

 

 

YAY!! I just saw another bride on here that is getting married on the 15th. We'll all be wedding buddies! You've gotten much further along in details than me. Right now I've been setting travel packages. That's great info to know about the dance floor. For the DJ alone the price was $850? WOW!! I hope that's 3 hours. We're having an indoor reception due to 6pm ceremony time. They have some rule about outside events ending around 10:30pm. We're extending ours an hour. I think it'll be worth the extra $10 per person hour.  smile29.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greeting Royal PDC Brides!!!

 

It's been FOREVER since I posted, but I'm writing this FROM Playa Del Carmen!  Ryan and I are here on our site visit and OMG, it is so gorgeous here.  By sheer beauty alone, your wedding is going to be amazing.  

 

To answer some questions:

 

5th Avenue is pretty happening, plenty of people everywhere, but its more of a low-key beach town feel than the crazy Cancun or Puerto Vallarta party feel.  The clubs are all a few blocks away from 5th, I think on purpose.

 

Decorations on 5th avenue:  I haven't seen any flower shops.  Not sure about vases.  There are some more inexpensive things like maracas for about $1.00 each that would be nice on top of tables...I just don't know how much time anyone is going to want to spend on a scavenger hunt for decorations while you're here.  To be honest, the reason we chose a Destination Wedding is to just mark off a checklist and call it a day.  Weddings are way too much work otherwise!  Keep it simple...

 

Also, we've only been here one night so far, but the food is FANTASTIC!  The restaurant Maria's has a great menu and the Mexican Coffee is DEFINITELY worth asking for, an experience in and of itself.

 

I am so, so, so happy to be here.  It is all so exciting seeing the real deal!  Your weddings are going to be an experience of a lifetime.  

 

Tomorrow I do my trial makeup and engagement photos with Ivan Luckie!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Jennifer so happy to see that you are having an amazing time!

 

Good luck with the make-up and e-session. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr View Post

Greeting Royal PDC Brides!!!

 

It's been FOREVER since I posted, but I'm writing this FROM Playa Del Carmen!  Ryan and I are here on our site visit and OMG, it is so gorgeous here.  By sheer beauty alone, your wedding is going to be amazing.  

 

To answer some questions:

 

5th Avenue is pretty happening, plenty of people everywhere, but its more of a low-key beach town feel than the crazy Cancun or Puerto Vallarta party feel.  The clubs are all a few blocks away from 5th, I think on purpose.

 

Decorations on 5th avenue:  I haven't seen any flower shops.  Not sure about vases.  There are some more inexpensive things like maracas for about $1.00 each that would be nice on top of tables...I just don't know how much time anyone is going to want to spend on a scavenger hunt for decorations while you're here.  To be honest, the reason we chose a Destination Wedding is to just mark off a checklist and call it a day.  Weddings are way too much work otherwise!  Keep it simple...

 

Also, we've only been here one night so far, but the food is FANTASTIC!  The restaurant Maria's has a great menu and the Mexican Coffee is DEFINITELY worth asking for, an experience in and of itself.

 

I am so, so, so happy to be here.  It is all so exciting seeing the real deal!  Your weddings are going to be an experience of a lifetime.  

 

Tomorrow I do my trial makeup and engagement photos with Ivan Luckie!!!

 

 

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHHHH thank-you thank-you thank-you! Loved your post! Have a BLAST while you're down there! It gets me SO excited! :)

 

Ivan Luckie is shooting our wedding, let me know what you think of him! Good luck with everything!! :) 

 

Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr View Post

Greeting Royal PDC Brides!!!

 

It's been FOREVER since I posted, but I'm writing this FROM Playa Del Carmen!  Ryan and I are here on our site visit and OMG, it is so gorgeous here.  By sheer beauty alone, your wedding is going to be amazing.  

 

To answer some questions:

 

5th Avenue is pretty happening, plenty of people everywhere, but its more of a low-key beach town feel than the crazy Cancun or Puerto Vallarta party feel.  The clubs are all a few blocks away from 5th, I think on purpose.

 

Decorations on 5th avenue:  I haven't seen any flower shops.  Not sure about vases.  There are some more inexpensive things like maracas for about $1.00 each that would be nice on top of tables...I just don't know how much time anyone is going to want to spend on a scavenger hunt for decorations while you're here.  To be honest, the reason we chose a Destination Wedding is to just mark off a checklist and call it a day.  Weddings are way too much work otherwise!  Keep it simple...

 

Also, we've only been here one night so far, but the food is FANTASTIC!  The restaurant Maria's has a great menu and the Mexican Coffee is DEFINITELY worth asking for, an experience in and of itself.

 

I am so, so, so happy to be here.  It is all so exciting seeing the real deal!  Your weddings are going to be an experience of a lifetime.  

 

Tomorrow I do my trial makeup and engagement photos with Ivan Luckie!!!

 

 

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ladies need your advice, Lisa I know you had  been going back and forth about shipping stuff down. Well I am now to. We are now flying on Spirit Air and they charge an insane amount of money for baggage. Not to mention we are now on a connecting flight instead of direct.

 

I just spoke with Zulma and she said it would be no problem to ship things down and she sent me the address right away.

 

My question is has anyone looked at the cost of shipping versus bringing down with you? I am just thinking the shipping down would give me peace of mind lol so I don't have to lug everything. She said as long as everything is insured it should be no problem. Of course put receipts in there etc.

 

Whats everyones thought on this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jess I'm totally in the same boat as you, and I'm running out of time. Did Zulma tell you to allow up to four weeks? I want to ship my vases but do not want them to get damaged or just not make it at all. I have heard good experiences. I think it's pretty much the same price to take them with you, but a LOT less hassle and stress. I can't speak from experience but I've been debating about it for quite some time.

 

What sort of stuff are you looking to ship?
 

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

So ladies need your advice, Lisa I know you had  been going back and forth about shipping stuff down. Well I am now to. We are now flying on Spirit Air and they charge an insane amount of money for baggage. Not to mention we are now on a connecting flight instead of direct.

 

I just spoke with Zulma and she said it would be no problem to ship things down and she sent me the address right away.

 

My question is has anyone looked at the cost of shipping versus bringing down with you? I am just thinking the shipping down would give me peace of mind lol so I don't have to lug everything. She said as long as everything is insured it should be no problem. Of course put receipts in there etc.

 

Whats everyones thought on this?

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


No she did'nt but I told her I was going to ship as soon as I can. I am going to go to fedex this weekend and find out.

 

I want to shop the following:

 

OOT Bags

Mugs

Ceremony Programs

Table Numbers

Thank You Crads

Door Hangers

 

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post

Jess I'm totally in the same boat as you, and I'm running out of time. Did Zulma tell you to allow up to four weeks? I want to ship my vases but do not want them to get damaged or just not make it at all. I have heard good experiences. I think it's pretty much the same price to take them with you, but a LOT less hassle and stress. I can't speak from experience but I've been debating about it for quite some time.

 

What sort of stuff are you looking to ship?
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post

 

Jess I'm totally in the same boat as you, and I'm running out of time. Did Zulma tell you to allow up to four weeks? I want to ship my vases but do not want them to get damaged or just not make it at all. I have heard good experiences. I think it's pretty much the same price to take them with you, but a LOT less hassle and stress. I can't speak from experience but I've been debating about it for quite some time.

 

What sort of stuff are you looking to ship?

 

 

Ladies -

 

I personally would advise against shipping items. Only reason being is that my sister had a destination wedding in the US and they lost all her stuff. So if they can't get it right here then I would be skeptical outside the US. Luckily for my sister they found the lost boxes and they arrive literally the day of the wedding. There was a mad sweatshop going on putting all that stuff together.

 

Good luck! JYD1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right, Jess, i have been going back and forth. However, FI insists that all of that stuff can go in it's own suitcase (uh, his then cuz I'm not giving up space lol). I just really hope they don't think something odd about the multiple advils and what not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, do you ladies get the "Forbidden error 403" message daily? I do regardless of browser and ip (very annoying...this is why i'm not on early mornings anymore :-( )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×