Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

aerazo

I had the same issue with the hotel and was reluctant to book at The Royal because of this rule. Some of the other hotels allowed to have semi private functions at the hotel restaurants and with only a $10-15 pp service fee. The Royal doesn't allow to do this, once you book a big group it is considered a "private" event and then you choose your location and pay a per person fee (like $40-$60pp depending on what you chose for the menu). I assume the reason is because they do 2-3 weddings most days of the week and if they constantly were booking the restaurants for the weddings their regular hotel guests wouldn't have a place to eat, I am sure when we are there we will understand but it is frustrating during the planning process since all our guests technically have paid for all their meals.

We opted to take our rehearsal out of the hotel since we would be paying so much pp we thought we'd get everyone out for the night and we are holding ours at The Blue Parrot. They do a fire show every night so we thought it would be a fun event to go to and do all the wedding oriented things we are doing prior to the show and then have their fire show wrap up the night. Not sure when your wedding is but I can keep you in the loop as to how it all ends up.

Let me know if you have other questions.

aerazo

I have read that other brides have been able to sit large parties without the reservation requirement (but they also tipped the hostess well for the trouble). It's a gamble though. There has to be enough room for everyone to sit together. We are doing a welcome dinner and maybe a catamaran tour instead of the rehearsal dinner. And we are taking the gamble that we will all be able to sit with each other in one of the Royal Restaurants. I also have a very aggressive bridesmaid who plans on stalking the restaurant for me to ensure that we all sit together. smile72.gif

Question,

If I choose a package, say the classic wedding package...it states that it is for "up to 12 guests"...does this include food for those 12 guests and you just pay per head for the rest?

huh02.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyfranzel View Post
Question,

If I choose a package, say the classic wedding package...it states that it is for "up to 12 guests"...does this include food for those 12 guests and you just pay per head for the rest?

huh02.gif
Unless you package specifically states that any food is covered, you will have to pay a fee per person (up to 12 guests), and an additional fee per person over your limit.

On average, Reception dinners can be anywhere from $40 - $60 per Royal guest (must be staying at the hotel). If they are staying at the sister hotel, the Gran Real(?), it is something like $50 - $70 and a bit more if they are staying off-site altogether.

The same goes for "cocktail hour"...you would pay $25 per person up to your limit and then $25+fee for anyone over the limited amount.

If you are hiring outside photographers or other individuals who will be with you over your reception time, you usually have to allot for their meal as well.

Hope this helps.

Can anyone provide info on the symbolic ceremony (with minister)? ie. what the minister says, readings, vows, etc.... I'm starting to look at programs for the ceremony and am not sure what to go with.

So Roahrig should be enjoying The Royal on this dark rainy day in Iowa! I hope she is having an amazing time! And Tati should be leaving soon!

Oh ladies, I am so jealous! I hope your days are everything you dreamed! Report back as soon as possible! :)

I'm so jealous, too! I'm still holding the ridiculous hope that somehow we could still make it work for this summer. Silly, silly me! I can't WAIT to hear about all the upcoming weddings!!! So many!

Wow - this thread hit 100 pages!! I remember when Stephanie started this post over a year ago! This has SAVED my life - i love this thread so much!!!

Did anyone know that the Royal's Spa ( SpAzul ) is under construction?! (Shay you might need to know this...) I was pissed b/c i was supposed to have a room to change into ( since i am staying at the Gran) but not the case anymore. Michelle my WC said she could find me an area but i don't think i want to chance it. It could be a game time decision when i actually see the space in 2 weeks - yeah!

Well, I don't know what do to b/c my girls have to start having their hair done at 9am!!! my Ceremony isn't until 4pm! Argh - i don't know what to do - help!! I just watne everyone together but I may have to change that...9am is sooo early! I would hate for some girls to get ready at the Gran and some to get ready at the Royal - but I may have to. Unfortunately i think some girls may just decide NOT to get their hair done...which i really don't want to have happen. gerr - why is there only one person who can do updo'shuh.gif