Photo

Cost Plus World Market Stores Closing in Michigan

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mdw2dtw

mdw2dtw
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

They are having a 30-60% off sale on all most everything except...wine/ liquor. Some of the glass vases were still only 10% off, but votives were 40% off this weekend.

Not sure if other stores are going out of business. The one by me (IL) just opened and is doing well, so I lucked up while in MI and got a few candles and votives. Wine glasses were still kind of pricey.

So you MI BDW's may be able to find items for OOT bags/reception. I am sure that as it it gets closer to the actual close date they should have great prices. You might just have to keep checking the inventory. Good Luck.

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Oh run out and buy the capiz shell curtains! I bought two and can't wait to use them on the chuppah. I wish I could have bought mine on sale!
      Happily married since 2008

#3 angitalia23

angitalia23
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

I love this store and yes they are having a huge sale right now...it seems like they are going out of business but that's hard to believe cause everything is so cool in there!
        Anthony & Angela
        19 June 2008

#4 mdw2dtw

mdw2dtw
        • 73 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          Oh run out and buy the capiz shell curtains! I bought two and can't wait to use them on the chuppah. I wish I could have bought mine on sale!
          I'll have to have fiance look for these when he gets back in town. I didn't even thinks about that. How much were they originally?

And yes, they are going out of businessin MI (per the manager only the MI stores right now). I can't understand why either. FI calls it pier one with food and clothes.

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

I love this place. Apparently they are closing 18 stores this year, but opening 17 in markets that they are better known. What does that mean? I have no idea since I think a lot of people already know about them.

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

My family is in Michigan, all over the detroit area and they have said the economy is in horrible shape. I'm guessing those were the lowest grossing stores. We have 2 here that are booming!

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:24 AM

I love Cost Plus, how sad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users