Finally booked Dreams!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mpark46

• 154 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:03 AM

We'll be getting married at Dreams on July 22, 2008!
    So far, I've done absolutely nothing!

Luckily, I only have about 10 guests to worry about, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Do you guys think I should hire an outside coordinator? We're having a symbolic ceremony, so I'm not sure if it's necessary.

I spoke with Maye Cortinas, and she told me that Dreams will only set up the basic table linens, etc but won't set up anything above that. Is that true?

I'm sure I could get my mom to set up the flowers, etc.

How much should I expect from my Dreams WC? Will they coordinate flowers for you?

Also, does the officiant speak English?

Sorry, I'm kind of thinking out loud right now!

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

I am not getting married at Dreams so I can't help you out there, but...Congrats on confirming a location!

#3 Taradactyle

• 427 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:38 AM

Congrats on booking Dreams! I'm getting married there too. As for whether to get a planner, I think it depends on how detail-oriented you want your wedding to be. I'm getting married at Dreams too, and for me, it's all in the details. So after about two months of trying to plan a wedding at Dreams on my own, I hired Vari of Allure Event Design to help me. (She is on the board!) Granted, with only a few guests I think it may be possible for your mom to take care of set up itself, but for me the difficulty was in trying to locate good vendors who understood what I was looking for. Also, the process was no longer becoming fun as vendors weren't always getting back to me (sometime it would be well over a month before I heard from them and i still have to hear from others). Since hiring Vari, I am finally able to relax and have fun. Good luck!
        Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#4 mpark46

• 154 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:42 AM

Thanks Tara. How many guests are you expecting?

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:46 AM

just a heads up that the sale rate of $350 per night for double occupancy ends on monday...try to get as many people booked at that rate as possible...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Taradactyle

• 427 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by mpark46
            Thanks Tara. How many guests are you expecting?
            We are inviting about 80 and expecting between 40-50 (invitations have yet to go out!). You can PM me if you have any questions.
            Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#7 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

congrats on booking a location - You must be so relieved. That is the biggest step. Everything will fall into place from there. And you've got a pretty good group of Dreams veterans here. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#8 tlomlad

• Banned
              • 1,949 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:32 AM

#9 Leia78

• VIP Member
                • 2,459 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

to the forum! Congratulations on booking Dreams. Excellant choice if I do say so myself! There's a ton of info on this forum about Cabo and about Dreams in particular. PM JackieB so that she can add you to the Dreams list.

#10 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

Congratulations on settling on a location! I was a Dreams bride- you'll be happy with your choice :)

I had 14 guests and did not have an outside coordinator but I'm very detail oriented. Dreams will set up whatever you bring to them to set up. They did the linens I asked for, my table runners I brought, and a ton of miscellaneous decor items I requested- everything was exactly how I'd envisioned.

Good luck with the rest of your plans. Let us know how we can help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users