Sign in to follow this  
mpark46

Finally booked Dreams!

We'll be getting married at Dreams on July 22, 2008!

So far, I've done absolutely nothing! smile35.gif

Luckily, I only have about 10 guests to worry about, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Do you guys think I should hire an outside coordinator? We're having a symbolic ceremony, so I'm not sure if it's necessary.

I spoke with Maye Cortinas, and she told me that Dreams will only set up the basic table linens, etc but won't set up anything above that. Is that true?

I'm sure I could get my mom to set up the flowers, etc.

How much should I expect from my Dreams WC? Will they coordinate flowers for you?

Also, does the officiant speak English?

Sorry, I'm kind of thinking out loud right now!

Congrats on booking Dreams! I'm getting married there too. As for whether to get a planner, I think it depends on how detail-oriented you want your wedding to be. I'm getting married at Dreams too, and for me, it's all in the details. So after about two months of trying to plan a wedding at Dreams on my own, I hired Vari of Allure Event Design to help me. (She is on the board!) Granted, with only a few guests I think it may be possible for your mom to take care of set up itself, but for me the difficulty was in trying to locate good vendors who understood what I was looking for. Also, the process was no longer becoming fun as vendors weren't always getting back to me (sometime it would be well over a month before I heard from them and i still have to hear from others). Since hiring Vari, I am finally able to relax and have fun. Good luck!

just a heads up that the sale rate of $350 per night for double occupancy ends on monday...try to get as many people booked at that rate as possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpark46 View Post
Thanks Tara. How many guests are you expecting?
We are inviting about 80 and expecting between 40-50 (invitations have yet to go out!). You can PM me if you have any questions.

congrats on booking a location - You must be so relieved. That is the biggest step. Everything will fall into place from there. And you've got a pretty good group of Dreams veterans here. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

welcome4.gif to the forum! Congratulations on booking Dreams. Excellant choice if I do say so myself! There's a ton of info on this forum about Cabo and about Dreams in particular. PM JackieB so that she can add you to the Dreams list.

Congratulations on settling on a location! I was a Dreams bride- you'll be happy with your choice :)

I had 14 guests and did not have an outside coordinator but I'm very detail oriented. Dreams will set up whatever you bring to them to set up. They did the linens I asked for, my table runners I brought, and a ton of miscellaneous decor items I requested- everything was exactly how I'd envisioned.

Good luck with the rest of your plans. Let us know how we can help!