Favour, etc., Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

How are you guys planning on getting this stuff to the resort? I thought of doing favours (I am CAN, we spell it with a U) but I don't know how to get them there. I will have enough in my suit case already. How are you guys doing it?

#2 SarahMc

SarahMc
    • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

Luckily my parents are going to bring an extra suitcase for me to put stuff in like that. But other brides on the forum have talked about either sending it down ahead of time if you have a wedding coordinator who can hold it for you or buying stuff when you get there.
      Sarah & James
      Dreams Los Cabos
      June 28, 2007

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

we did not do favors but instead did OOT bags...we did not want to bring extra stuff and have our guests carry stuff back BUT if you must send it, do it DHL and see if the wedding coord. at the resort will hold it for you...or your WC

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        we did not do favors but instead did OOT bags...we did not want to bring extra stuff and have our guests carry stuff back BUT if you must send it, do it DHL and see if the wedding coord. at the resort will hold it for you...or your WC
        ditto Tammy. Although I may do a donation to the American Cancer Society as well. It seems that everyones life has been touched by cancer and it would be a nice way to honor those that we have lost.

#5 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to do a donation as well, I might go that route, just easier. Also, I get the idea of what OOT is, but what does it stand for, its driving me nuts that I can't figure it out :)

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Julesr
          Thanks for the advice. I wanted to do a donation as well, I might go that route, just easier. Also, I get the idea of what OOT is, but what does it stand for, its driving me nuts that I can't figure it out :)

Out
          Of
          Town

stuff for you guests to make their trip easier...mini advils, pepto, underwater disposable camera, etc...it is fun to do!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:52 AM

That is kinda what I thought, but I could not work out the wording. Thanks. One day I will not be a newbie and I can tell someone else that :)

I will probably make those for sure. Do you give them before? Or when you get there? Its just a lot to carry. Trust me, I always pack way to much and I don't want to pack even more than that :) Do you get to bring extra luggage if you are the bride? lol if not, they need to start doing that.

#8 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:33 AM

They should let brides get away with everything! I am def all for that.

-Glenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users