Photo

Laidoff...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 stei0419

stei0419
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

I am so upset right now and have to vent. I just got laid off from my job...with less than 3 months till the wedding. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. I don't like my job, so I guess there's something good, but what terrible timing...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

ok sarah that really sucks. but lets look at this in a positive way.... what kind of job do you want? let us help you look for something!

#3 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

Oh Sarah Im so sorry. What a bummer. I guess you kinda gotta look at the good out of it.. remember everything happens for a reason!

#4 stei0419

stei0419
      • 63 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

I'm a graphic designer, unfortunately when the economy is the way it is, creative people are the first to go... I just hope I can find something!! thanks for the positive thoughts!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Oh my, I am so sorry. that is horrible timing!

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

Sarah, I'm so sorry. I lost my job last August, it came as a complete surprise to me and as a total shock. I had just bought a house last August and we were in the middle of planning our engagement party for October and planning the upcoming wedding. I've been freelancing and Mark has been very supportive, it's been hard but everything is coming together and I'm counting my blessings. Everything will also come together for you, and I know it is easier said than done but you will see. How can we be of help?

#7 stei0419

stei0419
            • 63 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sodria
              Sarah, I'm so sorry. I lost my job last August, it came as a complete surprise to me and as a total shock. I had just bought a house last August and we were in the middle of planning our engagement party for October and planning the upcoming wedding. I've been freelancing and Mark has been very supportive, it's been hard but everything is coming together and I'm counting my blessings. Everything will also come together for you, and I know it is easier said than done but you will see. How can we be of help?
              Thanks for the support! I'll probably do the same thing (freelance) until the wedding is over at least. Don't people hire more in the summer? I think I saw that somewhere recently...I'm off to start my weekend early!

#8 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

I got laid off from my job last year. I HATED that job though. I found a new one making more money and with 22342342 times less stress. I was so glad afterward. I know how you feel right now... just go take a long hot bubble bath and start a good book!

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Let us know how we can be of help!

#10 lucy106

lucy106
                  • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear this. How stressful for you! I will keep you in my thoughts! I am a true believer that everything does happen for a reason I am sure that is hard to believe right now but try to keep positive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users