rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jilly76
    I did the same thing, lol!!

Now I get all of these emails all the time! They wanted me to buy some stupid book with all of the award winning photos.
    COngratualtions!! I wonder if we were in the same book?

BTW ignore my siggy. I'm testing the size.

#102 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
    • 530 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AnnR
      does the WPJA really look at the quality of the photos though? maybe they do.
      well they rejected me the first time I applied!

I know they wouldn't like his business practices 1 iota.

#103 gina@pixoflife

gina@pixoflife
      • 46 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:49 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        I wonder if its one of those associations that you just pay a membership fee and you are a member without really having specific standards?
        Actually from what I remember the website saying (I'm a member also), the WPJA has strict standards of professionalism. If anyone does have any dealings with this photographer and he acts unethically or does not provide services as promised, I believe you can report the information to WPJA and they will look into it. Of course that's just off hand from what I remember reading, haven't checked it lately.

As far as the WPJA membership, you have to apply and then get accepted at which time there is a membership fee for photographers who decide to join. Not everyone gets accepted.

edit: BTW...MD, beautiful engagement pictures! Even something free doesn't necessarily *mean* free as time is valuable :)
        ~Gina
        www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

http://www.pixoflife...Lsig_banner.jpg

#104 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

wow! I didn't even realize that this guy PM'd me until I read this thread :S so not cool

#105 Juan Guzman dfotoart

Juan Guzman dfotoart
        • 70 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

It is really sad that we ¨vendors¨ do not take advantage of the opportunity to maintain our services in a suitable level. To be bannead of a forum like this one by not respecting the simple rules, closes the doors to share, to grow and to let see our work.
          Respecting we are respected

#106 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Juan Guzman dfotoart
            It is really sad that we ¨vendors¨ do not take advantage of the opportunity to maintain our services in a suitable level. To be bannead of a forum like this one by not respecting the simple rules, closes the doors to share, to grow and to let see our work.
            Respecting we are respected
            Many vendors follow the rules & are a great asset to the forum. It's awesome that Tammy set up the forum in a way that vendors can participate because it's great to have them around. But, some people just don't know what's appropriate I guess. This guy was really out of line.

#107 Juan Guzman dfotoart

Juan Guzman dfotoart
            • 70 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              Many vendors follow the rules & are a great asset to the forum. It's awesome that Tammy set up the forum in a way that vendors can participate because it's great to have them around. But, some people just don't know what's appropriate I guess. This guy was really out of line.
              Morgan, I agreed with you and Tammy in all.

#108 Cali

Cali
              • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

I'm glad you posted this.....

#109 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                • Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AnnR
                  does the WPJA really look at the quality of the photos though? maybe they do. and he can probbaly submit his best stuff to get accepted.

i wonder what they'd think if they knew about his business practices
                  Although they don't accept everyone, I know a few who were accepted with less than 6 wedding experience. 1 photographer only shot 4 as a second shooter! They are just there for the money,just like any other wedding organizations. They are no longer strict as they used to be 5+ years ago. Photographers join just so they can put a sticker on their wall saying something like "Member of Professional Wedding Association of XXXXX".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users